CardDragon says...

I was there...weirdest wedding ever.
[color=#FF0000]I AM SICK PHANTOM![/color]

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am
View Likes
Jas says...

We definitley (spelling fail) should have marriage badges. It would be epic.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:30 am
Aet Lindling says...

Day wrote:
BondGirl007 wrote:
idraax wrote:Quick question. If you get married on YWS, do you get a special icon next to your name saying that you are married to "so and so?"

Nope xD It's just kind of an official unofficial thing. Aaallthough that would be kinda cool.

Also this thread made my day, I got so many laughs out of you sillies and your pointless arguing. :P

Sad moderators think it was pointless. I was very serious and I'll probably end up sending nate a message.

lol

Also, my apparently trolling/spam point was obviously that I was picking something random, such as YWS marriages/Yorkshire pudding and spare tires, and ask someone to present me with a solid reason as to why it isn't wrong, without providing any reasons why it is wrong.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Wow, really? How did this cute thread degenerate so much?

I figure that it's understandable to have such crazy ideas as "online marriages" on this website when we consider that there are thousands of creative minds gathered here. We aren't planning to do something stupid or reckless; we're using our creativity. And, really, isn't that what being a writer is really about?

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 pm
View Likes
Day says...

borntobeawriter wrote:Wow, really? How did this cute thread degenerate so much?

I figure that it's understandable to have such crazy ideas as "online marriages" on this website when we consider that there are thousands of creative minds gathered here. We aren't planning to do something stupid or reckless; we're using our creativity. And, really, isn't that what being a writer is really about?

Yes, You would be correct in that a writer should always use creativity. What I'm saying is that it should be outputted into much better things.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:31 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Ben, if it were that bad, Nate would have shut this thread down by now. Let's not get into a fight over it anymore, 'kay? :)
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:02 am
Day says...

Ranger Hawk wrote:Ben, if it were that bad, Nate would have shut this thread down by now. Let's not get into a fight over it anymore, 'kay? :)

Nate probably hasn't seen it ;) better think of all the possibilities.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:20 am
Bloo says...

Or he has and doesn't care :wink: Stop meaking excuses about it.

Just because you dislike the idea of it doesn't make it wrong. You have yet to even give a real reason to why you find it wrong, other than a very vague "Takes away from the purpose of the site." Which makes no sense. YWS isn't just a writing site, but a community, where people have friends, and go to have fun, kill time, relax, or even vent and get support. We make friends and help each other. These are fake marriages, but they reflect the fact that people on the site care about each other, and a way to show the they are friends, and love each other. Not in a crush way, but in a brother-sister/friend way.

Also, if these meant real relation ships YWS would have a lot of polygamist, gender bending, lesbian, separated,and insane people.

(And yes, I know that sounded very cheesy)
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:32 am
Lumi says...

Also, if these meant real relation ships YWS would have a lot of polygamist, gender bending, lesbian, separated,and insane people.

Seconded.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:57 am
Day says...

I'm simply just expressing my opinion on the matter, like it or not it's your choice. It won't influence my decision to stand by my opinion.

"As I've said before my only complaint against this is that I feel that marraige is to strong a word for YWS, which to the best of my knowledge is a teenager oriented site [13-25?]. It is unnesescary in that it doesn't benefit writing or the arts in any direct way. I also feel that it can sometimes be distracting and another off topic that can appear in the chat room. Although there is plenty of fun and excitement in the chat room I feel that this one is just a bit too far and is unnecassary. There are plenty of other fun topics that are discussed on a regular basis. This one is just a bit too much in that as a younger audience the the thought of marraige is generaly considered an adult theme and should stay that way. If you want a sort of intimate friendship than I'm sure other words would be easily substitutable such as 'Best Friends' or something along those lines."

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 pm
Jas says...

Ben, I don't think it really matters. It's not like anyone is actually getting married. They have something similar on Facebook, where you get married to your friends. It's fun and keeps things interesting, instead of critiquing everyone's writing 24/7 which gets dull. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Easy as that.

And I know you said that the above isn't a legitimate reason, but hey, you haven't given us a legitimate reason.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:06 pm
Day says...

jasminebells wrote:Ben, I don't think it really matters. It's not like anyone is actually getting married. They have something similar on Facebook, where you get married to your friends. It's fun and keeps things interesting, instead of critiquing everyone's writing 24/7 which gets dull. If you don't like it, then don't do it. Easy as that.

And I know you said that the above isn't a legitimate reason, but hey, you haven't given us a legitimate reason.

Did you read the giant paragraph above your post at all? Soz

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:20 pm
Kale says...

This topic is for announcing YWS marriages; not debating about them. If you wish to debate the topic, make a separate thread please.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm
LadyPurple says...

:) *grins wide* I know there are two people on YWS that I wouldn't be surprised if they got married.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:43 pm
captain.classy says...

I think me and Elinor need to have our official marriage soon.

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland