z

Young Writers Society

What are 'points'?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:20 pm
sadbhp says...

Every time i do something on thsi website it says that i have earned 'points'. what are points??? :S :?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 pm
JabberHut says...

**Moved to Lounge**

Points are used to post stories or poems here. And if you get the most points before they're reset, you'll become Featured Member.

You can get points from reviewing, greeting, or posting in usergroups.

Hopefully this answers your question. ^_^
I make my own policies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 pm
sadbhp says...

Thanks JabberHut, now i ge it! lol, sorry im a bit slow :lol:

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 pm
JabberHut says...

Sure thing! I was a bit slow when I first joined too, so no worries. ^_~
I make my own policies.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:36 am
JFW1415 says...

Two additional comments snagged from the little question marks links...

"The featured member is chosen by Incandescence every two weeks. In determining the featured member, a number of factors are taken into account. Of these, the most important is how many points, which you earn by reviewing, a person holds. Also taken into account is how helpful you have been to other members and how active you have been in the Literary forums."

"Points are used to help determine the featured member. They are also used to post in certain forums on the Community page. To earn points, simply review stories/poems, join a usergroup and post there, or post in any forum that says "You can earn points here." The maximum per post is 50 points.

Every two weeks, all points will be reset to 500 after the featured member is chosen."

[Though the 500 is now 300, and 'every two weeks' means whenever they feel like getting around to it. Like the quote of the week. =]]

:wink:

~JFW1415

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta