z

Young Writers Society

Anime

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:02 am
View Likes
Skye says...

Inuyasha and Rurouni Kenshin have got to be the best anime and manga out there. Of course, they are really the only ones I watch/read, but you gotta admit, they are awesome!
~Skye Demon
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:54 pm
WinterGrimm says...

There's so many anime I love that it would take too much space to post them all.
Some classic faves are
Fushigi Yuugi
Tenchi Muyo
El Hazard
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Rurouni Kenshin
Gravitation
Inu Yasha

and some new discoveries I'm dying for are
Chrono Crusade
Full Metal Alchemist
and Aquarian Age
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:46 pm
Skye says...

And how could I forget Princess Mononoke? (Ashitaka is so cool!) Oh, and Sprited Away is awesome too.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:58 am
Drizzt says...

I like the anime Naruto. I just recently started watching it. It's awsome.

And manga, I like Psychic Acadamy, Chobits, Immortal Rain, Knights of the Zodiac, Culdcept, and more. :wink:
People always complain about how life sucks, but they never kill themselves. Don't you wonder why? I do.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:05 am
WinterGrimm says...

Yep I forgot to mention Priness Mononoke and Spirite Away too. I love all Miyazaki filmls thought. Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and My Neighbor Totoro
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm
OokamiKitsune says...

I love FullMetal Alchemist and FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I have seen all the episodes, both movies, read all the chapters and have played all the games that were released in America.

I have watched lots of anime and read manga- my favorite manga at the moment is Watashi Ni XX Shinasai
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:55 pm
Nook says...

O.o Almost a decade later...

>u< I watch a lot of anime, mostly shojos. And shonens. Whichever. Both.
And manga is my second love. Ouo
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 pm
Alvarin says...

I watch a lot of anime. Too much anime, in fact. My favorites are probably Mushishi, Natsume Yuujinchou and Black Butler.. And almost every yaoi and shounen-ai series that there is, hrm.

A link to my anime list, if anyone wants to take a look: http://animecka.se/medlem/Alvarin/anime
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 am
Nate says...

Haha, I like it when old threads are bumped. Korin (the original poster) was one of the very first moderators, as was WinterGrimm.

Anyhow, I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. His movie, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, was the first anime I had ever seen, though the English version was called Warriors of the Wind back when I first saw it. But my favorite anime film is Metropolis.

And Dragon Ball Z is awesome. My younger brothers and I used to "play" DBZ by standing in place and screaming for half an hour.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 am
KatKage says...

Fruits Basket
Naruto
Rorouni Kenshin
Bleach
Pandora Hearts
Ouran High School Host Club
Fairy Tail

All of them, AwesomeAmazing Mangas /u\
The anime's of them are good too, but the book has the truer plot-lines X3

The Best Anime Film: Anything by Hayao Miyazaki X3
(My Favorite: Spirited Away /u\)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 am
Sassafras says...

Anime is my dirty little secret. I hide my nerdy things from my friends. I'm really into D. Gray-Man right now.

My favorites are Tsubasa and Inuyasha.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 am
deleted15 says...

Thought I'd post one or two shows that I've enjoyed, I've had a habit of watching anime for about 2 hours a night until I fall asleep... every night without exception for the last 5 years now.

Here:

Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing Ultimate
Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust (I'm reading the novels at the moment)
Mirai Nikki
Black Lagoon
Jormungand
Btooom!
Trinity Blood
Tokko
Black Blood Brothers
Ao No Exorcist
Trigun
Deadman Wonderland
Psycho-Pass
Cyber City Oedo
Ergo Proxy
Highlander
King of Thorn
Kurozuka
Eden of the East
Ghost Hunt
Sankarea
Korewa Zombie Desu Ka?
Night Head Genesis
Anything with tentacles.
Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: ...Aet and Bog sometimes sound like a comedy duo.

Dec 18 2012, 7:43 PM
AmelieoftheValley: Just pointing it out.

The neap tide draws.
The Kellerok nears.
Caterjunes.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:13 pm
View Likes
Korin says...

Nate wrote:Haha, I like it when old threads are bumped. Korin (the original poster) was one of the very first moderators, as was WinterGrimm.

Anyhow, I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki. His movie, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, was the first anime I had ever seen, though the English version was called Warriors of the Wind back when I first saw it. But my favorite anime film is Metropolis.

And Dragon Ball Z is awesome. My younger brothers and I used to "play" DBZ by standing in place and screaming for half an hour.

You rang?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:17 am
Mochi says...

Fullmetal Alchemist needs to be mentioned! I love that manga, and if you watch the anime, make sure to watch Brotherhood because it's closer to the manga.

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) is really good, too. Though I preferred the manga to the anime.
Vous trouvez l'océan trop clair, trop noir, trop bleu ;
Vous détestez le ciel parce qu'il montre Dieu ;
-Victor Hugo «À ceux qui sont petits»

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:50 pm
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

Have I told everyone that I'm a great Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki fanatic? Well yes, I proudly am! The works they've produced are actually the most numerous in the short list of anime I watch.

Their movies which I liked most was, I think, the ones which everyone does, too! Spirited away was one of the best, if I might say. The story of Chihiro and her outstanding experiences at her work was very interesting. Another one was Howl's Moving Castle a dazzling war romance with a few magic tricks.

Who would forget Princess Mononoke? Their plea to stop the battle between nature and human beings is a wonderful advocacy. Oh, and My Neighbor Totoro? One of my most precious childhood memories. Grave of the Fireflies, Only Yesterday and Whispers of the Heart rank as some of my favorites other than those which have been mentioned.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King