z

Young Writers Society

Question about site I made.

Reviews: 1
Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:31 am
Enigmatic_Penguin says...

In our computer class, we have been working with Google sites. Tomorrow is the deadline, and I was wondering if you all could look at it and see if there might be anythings I could fix.

It is here: http://sites.google.com/site/armchairmaster/

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 am
Nate says...

It's looking good so far. The big thing I would fix right now is just navigation; you don't want people having to click on sitemap just to access areas of the site. You should have the links to all the important pages right on the front page if you're able to.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:07 am

Nate wrote:It's looking good so far. The big thing I would fix right now is just navigation; you don't want people having to click on sitemap just to access areas of the site. You should have the links to all the important pages right on the front page if you're able to.

Yeah, I found it pretty inconvenient. Thanks for the idea!

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:02 am
Trident says...

Hey penguin, I suggest putting a graphic on the first page. There are several sites out there that offer free-use pictures and other graphics. Look at anything Creative Commons.

I would also change "Scholarly links" to "Scholar's links" as they aren't all quite scholarly.

The navigation doesn't seem to be too bad, so I'm not sure if you changed anything since Nate's post.

PS. I'd be grateful if you might be willing to return the favor and leave a comment on my blog which is in my sig.

Nice work!
Perception is everything.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:10 am

Trident wrote:Hey penguin, I suggest putting a graphic on the first page. There are several sites out there that offer free-use pictures and other graphics. Look at anything Creative Commons.

I would also change "Scholarly links" to "Scholar's links" as they aren't all quite scholarly.

The navigation doesn't seem to be too bad, so I'm not sure if you changed anything since Nate's post.

PS. I'd be grateful if you might be willing to return the favor and leave a comment on my blog which is in my sig.

Nice work!

Thanks for the criticism. I left a comment on your blog; it seems very well created!

'This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over his beer. 'I never could get the hang of Thursdays.'
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy