Young Writers Society

Supreme Court Upholds Bill Of Rights In 5-4 Decision

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:07 pm
Nate says...

November 14, 2008 | Issue 44•46

WASHINGTON—In a landmark decision Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court narrowly ruled to uphold the Bill of Rights, the very tenets upon which American society is based. "After carefully considering the relevance of the 10 inviolable rights that comprise the ideological foundation on which our nation is built, the court finds that these basic freedoms remain important for the time being, and should not be overturned," read the majority opinion authored by Justice Anthony Kennedy, who cast the tie-breaking vote. "Until such time as it can be definitively proven that citizens no longer require the protections provided by the Bill of Rights, it shall remain the principal legal guidance for the United States of America." The Supreme Court's latest decision comes on the heels of last month's 6-3 ruling to abolish the pursuit of happiness from the three inalienable rights guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence.

Full Article

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:14 pm
Enigmatic_Penguin says...

Nate wrote:
November 14, 2008 | Issue 44•46

WASHINGTON—In a landmark decision Monday, the U.S. Supreme Court narrowly ruled to uphold the Bill of Rights, the very tenets upon which American society is based. "After carefully considering the relevance of the 10 inviolable rights that comprise the ideological foundation on which our nation is built, the court finds that these basic freedoms remain important for the time being, and should not be overturned," read the majority opinion authored by Justice Anthony Kennedy, who cast the tie-breaking vote. "Until such time as it can be definitively proven that citizens no longer require the protections provided by the Bill of Rights, it shall remain the principal legal guidance for the United States of America." The Supreme Court's latest decision comes on the heels of last month's 6-3 ruling to abolish the pursuit of happiness from the three inalienable rights guaranteed by the Declaration of Independence.

Full Article

Wait... so 4 justices want to get rid of the BOR, or did I just read it wrong?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:31 am
Snoink says...

I love the onion. <3
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:27 pm
lukas8u says...

I thought it sounded like something out of the Onion :lol:

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:06 pm
View Likes
Conrad Rice says...

I read this and thought, "This had better be The Onion."

That site is so much epic win.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights