z

Young Writers Society

Creative Writing Scholarships

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 am
xhalcyonx128 says...

I know I am not the only senior out there in need of funding for college, and certainly I am not the only one who has realized that collegeboard and google are NO help when it comes to searching for creative writing scholarships. Does anyone know of any good scholarships? Anything helps :-)
Be obscure clearly - E. B. White

Got YWS?

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:34 am
Cade says...

The College Board isn't good for anything.

Sign up for fastweb (fastweb.com)...they send you all sorts of scholarships. In terms of scholarships specifically for creative writing, I don't know of many, but there are contests you can enter....for example, I won a nice $250 in last year's Bennington College Young Writers Competition. There are lots of contests like this.

If you have an internship/job coordinator in your school you could see if there's a job or paid internship that would involve writing. It's unlikely. Arr.

Or do what I do and just make sacrifices to the gods of financial aid. :)
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:47 am
Jiggity says...

I don't know of many, or at least didn't, until I looked into the University of East Anglia, where I'm going on Exchange in a month or so, and they have heaps just for creative writing students. Ranging from between 250 and 10, 000 pounds, they've got the best program.

So basically, look for universities or colleges known for their creative writing programs
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:43 pm
Kaylyn says...

I know, college board isn't helping me. neither is google. I'm a junior this year and everyone keeps presuring me...
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin