z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of the Seeker

169 Reviews

Reviews: 169
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:00 am
Lethero says...

The Sword of Truth: The Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind a good book and now a brand-new tv show on WBNX. Will they butcher the book with a tv series like they do with movies to many other books? If you seen it leave some comics on what you think what liked that they have and what they completed messed up on for the original storyline.
Fly, Fight, Win . . . in Air, Space, and Cyberspace.
-Air Force Mission Statement-

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

169 Reviews

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:07 am
Lethero says...

I am currently watching the show and episode one is coming to an end. I'm pumped to watch the entire series. They got a few things wrong like Zedd and Richard not knowing each other well and some of the overline plot, but there are some things I like that they got correct. For one I did not expect them to have Zedd standing outside butt naked talking to a chicken, but yet they had that which I thought was disgusting, yet very awesome. Also they got the Gars correct with their blood flies, but I imagined them more dinosaur-like rather than demon-like. Another thing I like is that they got the characters looks and personalities pretty much correct. I can't wait to see how the show plays out and cross my fingers that they make a tv series for the other 12 books.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:08 am
Alteran says...

I watched pieces of it, I havn't read the books sadly, I prolly will cause it looks kinda interesting. Prophecies seem a bit cliche, but why else would a hero be a hero if he wasn't forced to by destiny.

I do like who they cast to play the Seeker though, *yummy*
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

169 Reviews

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:35 am
Lethero says...

Adam, in the actual book it doesn't have a lot of prophecy in the first book. They only choose Richard as the Seeker in the book because they needed one. I don't mean to say they are butchering the book with this tv series, but they get some things wrong. But with the stuff they get wrong they get as much right (ex. Zedd's naked with a chicken scene). If you got questions on the book series just ask me, I'm on book 8 of 12.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do
~Air Force Core Values~

*Lethero*

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:46 pm
Jiggity says...

A friend of mine, who I introduced the series, said the TV Show absolutely, horribly, irrevocably destroyed the series and forbade me from watching it.

But if it has eye-candy, as Adam says, then I guess I should give it a whack.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing