z

Young Writers Society

Spore!

Reviews: 2
Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:23 pm
Sarge_Jr says...

Spore. It comes out in 9 days for people outside of the UK and 7 days for people inside the UK :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_(2008_video_game)

The game is based around your own imagination. You create your very own cell based micro-organism in water and either hunt down other cells for food or become a herbivour. Once your big enough, you grow legs and crawl on to land, and then you create a land based creature :O

Its hard to explain here, cause ill be here all night. It really does look like a fantastic game, and hopefully it will live up to its hype :D

A demonstration of the creature creator in the game can be found here on the official site:

http://eu.spore.com/whatisspore/creaturecreator.cfm

Just click on Download where it says "Creature Creator trial version" (Windows PC only download, but full game will be avalible for MAC too :D)

Go spore! :D
Winner of RedHouseBooks 'Finish the Story!' Competition 2007 [1st Place]

Got YWS?

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:17 pm
Prokaryote says...

I have been looking forward to this game for a loooong time now. I'm a big fan of Will Wright. It's a shame I don't have a computer that can play it. :(

Here's my beef, though. The game, even when we first got glimpses of it years ago, has always been cartoony. Which is okay -- to an extent -- but it seems to have progressively gotten more cartoonish and more simplistic. They cut down on the number of "stages" in the game. (For instance, there's no longer an underwater creature stage -- you just go from a cell to walking on land.) They seem to be targeting a very wide audience like they did with The Sims, which scares me. I don't want this to be a shallow game that's more about being cute than fun or realistic. I'm worried how much gameplay it will actually contain. I guess I'm curious how much you'll really be able to do aside from the great editors the game has.

We'll see.

Prokaryote

You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese