z

Young Writers Society

The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:06 am
Blift says...

Where can i check where all my posts are? I can't find my portfolio where all the posts that i commented are
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

Blift wrote:Where can i check where all my posts are? I can't find my portfolio where all the posts that i commented are

Browse, then click "view mine."

Your portfolio will be coming back (probably) this week according to Nate here.

If you have any more questions, feel free to check out the "Site FAQ" link in my sig. :)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:05 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Ever since I started college, I have had no free time to get on YWS. So I've decided to leave the site and totally turn my focus to getting my degree. I am studying creative writing, so I will still be writing. Hopefully my degree will be beneficial. :)

I was only a member of this site for a few days more than a year, but I enjoyed all the time I spent on it. I'm going to miss all of the people I've talked to. I'd like to give a huge shout out to all of those members who helped me in any way. Thank you!

Bye!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:28 pm
TwistedMuffins says...

Um. This is kind of out of the blue when the others see me posting here, but I've been thinking about this for awhile.

Things are... hectic, and life seems impossible.

And whenever I've come across those sort of situations, I used to write. But then I realised something. I can't write. Nor rhyme. Nor compose lyrics. NOR draw/paint. Photography? Yeah... no. I pretty much suck at everything. The only thing I have left is dancing, acting and sports.

For a person as useless as me when it comes to writing, I have no use for this site. NaPoWriMo will be the last time I will write for the love of writing.

I've met awesome people here- seriously awesome writers- and they've always been so supportive.

I don't want this to be goodbye forever. I will check on things here once in awhile. But I will no longer be active.

I have to be good at something atleast. And whatever I've tried out so far just isn't it. Just as I started out my journey through YWS under the username 'Justtrying', I will always be trying to be someone, somewhere. But unforunately, I don't think it'll be here.

I love you all.

-Justtrying/TwistedMuffins.
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:28 pm
Skorpionne says...

Noooooo! Muffy! D:
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 am
ChocoCookie says...

*speechless*.

*CRIES!* :'(

Muffin... <3'

Spoiler! :
I loff you so much <3' Why now? Why can't it be when you're 80 years old?! D:
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:07 pm
View Likes
Pilot says...

No, Muffin. Come back D;
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 pm
Justagirl says...

Muffin... D':
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 pm
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

Hellooooo~

Okay, so I'm leaving tomorrow night for an eight day school trip to Paris, Italy and Switzerland. I'll be back by the 25th, and... yeah. I could have posted this tomorrow, but I probably won't have the time to. If you see "LemonyIce" online tomorrow, it's an alien who's taken over my account because it likes lemon flavoured ice.

KThankzBai
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm
xLogan says...

Hmm... Well, I joined this site in November of 2009 and back then it was much, much more different. I recently re-joined the site just a couple days ago, trying to get back into writing, but it seems as if I just don't have the skill or creative gene in me - perhaps I never have? It was a nice journey, YWS, I've had a lot of good times and I'm not sure if I'm leaving just yet... I'm really wanting to give writing a try again but I feel so discouraged at the moment. I'd like to thank YWS for having such a wonderful site that has helped me in the past with improving my writing skills majorly. I've had a lot of good memories on this site. :)
"People are afraid to die, but are also afraid to live."

[•_•]
robot fayce

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:22 pm
LemonyIce says...

Yup, I'm here again.

Okay, I know NaPoWriMo is going on, and I am taking part in it. But I won't be able to come online too often anymore. Ninth grade has begun, and mum thinks I need to study a lot this year if I need to pass. My sister doesn't think so, because she's been through it and knows that it'll probably be easy for me. Sadly, her opinion doesn't make a difference. I know I'll be able to get through it, my sister knows I'll be able to get through it, and mum knows I'll be able to get through it but she just wants to make sure I do. (The thing is, I pass with awesome grades every year, so I really don't know why she worries so much.)

Anyway, the point is, I have to study a lot more this year, which means my visits to YWS will become lesser. I'll try convincing mum to let me use the computer during weekends (which is Friday and Saturday for me, by the way) but until then, I have absolutely no access to YWS at all. My iPod's being taken away, so there's no way I can use that to come online either.

Oh, part of this is related to my eye sight too. Apparently when I was really tiny, someone told my mom that if I don't take care of my eyes I'll need an eye operation at a very young age. I certainly don't want that to happen, and neither do my parents. So no more computer for a long time. Like I said, I'll try to convince her to let me use it for an hour or so during weekends, but until then, no YWS.

And that is why I will not come online for a long time. I'll definitely try to finish NaPo, though.

~Lemony
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:52 pm
Blues says...

...This had better be an April Fool's joke, Ceramy D:

*hugs* We'll miss you!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:57 pm
Justagirl says...

*Sob*

Why is everyone LEAAAAAAVING?!?!
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:31 pm
View Likes
xXmusicaXx says...

It probably is. -.-'
She'll be online often enough guys, I'll try to make sure of that. XD
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am
Angelreader77 says...

Yes, Musica, you do that!
"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears or the sea." --Isaac Dinesen

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore