z

Young Writers Society

do you have bad writing?

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:05 pm
romance otaku says...

even though im a writer, my writing is terrible. you cant read some of it, and it is huge (3-5 pages = one typed page). but, i have an excuse: at my old school, you would write with normal letters until second grade, which they would FORCE you to write in cursive. i though, changed schools for 5th grade, into a school where you could pick which writing you felt more confortable with. i felt better using normal writing, but with less than 3 years of actually using it, it sucked. and here i am, 3 years later, about to go into 8th grade, and i still suck at both regular writing and cursive.

i hate private schools :twisted:

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:06 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

I was forced to write in cursive in elementary school, too. They said it was because we would have to write everything in cursive in middle school and high school, which is a total lie. Over the years, I redefined my handwriting - deliberately - a number of times, so that now I have handwriting, both in print and in cursive, that I like.

All you have to do is decide what you want your handwriting to look like, then write slowly and force it until your hand picks up the habit.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:12 pm
Teague says...

Yup, my handwriting's pretty bad.

[the name of the person that note was to was deleted because it's not my right to reveal it. xD]

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:14 pm
powerofthree says...

I think my hand writing is bad, but everyone says it's good. I was forced to write cursive too. It sucked until, like you, I moved and we had a choice.

5 Reviews

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm
powerofthree says...

I think my handwriting is horrible. Everyone says it's good though. I was forced to write cursive until I moved too. Man, I've moved a lot.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm
Anonamuse says...

I think that my printing sucks (But I'm slowly changing it into something I think is good), but my cursive is pretty good as long as I'm using a pen.

I had a few classes myself where you had to write in cursive or your work would be graded-down. I hated it.
Apartment 37 where flying cell phones, and burnt frying pans are the norm.

"Tinks a disneyCENSOR"

5 Reviews

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:44 pm
powerofthree says...

Yeah, I would hate that. I hate cursive.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:50 pm
~Volant~ says...

Ahahaha......there's a joke among my friends and I that I write Reformed Arabic. In cursive.....Or Hewbrew in cursive.

But I kind of like it. No one can read my work unless I want them to. haha.
Where are we going?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Wow. That's a bit out fo foucus. My eyes are bugging out now. :shock:

My writing is okay and at times it's good but most of the time when I'm writing really fast just to get it done it's atrocious and just as now. I suck at spelling so that adds to it.

Now cursive. Don't ask. I had to learn it in 3rd grade and never got finished with learing it all so I never leared the capital letters. And I don't remember most of it anyways.

*shurg*

I don't know. :roll:
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:51 am
Clo says...

My handwriting is good, but I've seem some real chicken scratch. And, as an Education Major, I spend a lot of time in high schools, and I was told that they don't teach cursive anymore.

Weird! I spent so long in elementary school learning cursive and now they don't even teach it.
How am I not myself?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 am
Dream Deep says...

Aw. But I love private schools. xD

In any event. They made me write cursive in 3rd grade and I loathed it. After 5th, I was able to chose whatever I felt more comfortable with, and I went with printing. I wrote crates of fiction, and I had little paper - so my letters are rounded, perfectly shaped and infinitesimal. I have only just starting to delve into cursive again, which is more a product of letter-writing than anything. The cursive is infinitesimal, too.

... Come to think of it, my writing style seems to spring very directly from a deep fear of using up my paper...

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:26 am
Cade says...

I actually prefer writing cursive...I actually recommend it. I never chose to do it when I was younger (when I had the choice, that is) but in my sophomore year I decided to re-learn it...once you get the hang of it it's actually a lot faster and smoother than printing, because you don't have to pick up your pen in between letters. I find that I get fewer hand cramps, which is a bonus on AP exams and such.
I'm not quite sure how readable it is, particularly because a lot of people don't read cursive well. I like to think it's at a nice point between neat and messy...handwriting that's too neat is boring. :D
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:38 am
HC says...

My teachers love me for mine, too, Saint. :P

Mine is awful!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:58 pm
alwaysawriter says...

So's mine. I hate writing in cursive and I was forced to learn it in third grade too. That whole "You'll need it in middle school." crap is a lie. I don't rememeber having to use it once during middle school. The one good thing about writing horribly is that no one can read what I'm writing if I don't want them to. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics