z

Young Writers Society

How's The Weekend?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:15 pm
Nate says...

How is everyone's weekend? Tell us now! Or else...

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:24 pm
Firearris says...

*raises hands* I'll tell! Just don't make me eat it!! >.> <.<

Haha, My weekend's pretty good, though I've had to do a lot of cleaning and stuff, soon to have six people all at once in my house. :shock: :razz: And How is your weekend, Nate?
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:26 pm
LowKey says...

O_o

*looks over shoulder for Big Brother*

It's going great, actually! :D How about for you?
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:27 pm
JFW1415 says...

I actually had a some-what social weekend!

On Friday I went to the barn from 7 AM to 5:30 PM as usual, but went to Jess's with Precia and Jess after. We showered there, then went to the movie theaters. We waited for an hour and a half there (we couldn't hang out at Jess's, since her parents had to go out and they were our ride.) We bought a large popcorn, the cookie dough candy, buncha crunch, sour patch kids, m&ms, and twizzlers to share. (Can we say sugar high?) We say the 'Dark Knight' (it was Precia's third time watching it!) It finished around 11, and my mom came to pick us up. We dropped off Precia (she couldn't sleep over,) then Jess and I went home and got to bed around 1 AM (right when we got home - we were beat.) We woke up, made waffles, then her mom picked us up. We went to a tack store where she tried on tall boots and I helped them pick out medications for their horse, then we went to check out two barns (they're switching.) Her mom dropped me back off, and I came home to check YWS/talk to Brian (he's like a big brother to me - my brother's friend who works for my mom and pet-sits my guinea pig when I go away.) Then (after two hours) I walked to Jared's, where we walked to Sabrina's, then back to his house to play football/wiffleball/just hang out. Then I walked home, ate dinner, read, and slept. XD

Today? I've read and been on YWS.

What about you, Nate? You must have some reason to ask us this - did you do something illegal that you're just dying to tell us about? ;)

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:32 pm
Nate says...

haha, nothing illegal! I'm just figuring with that chatroom gone, it'd be good to get some conversation going in The Lounge.

My weekend has been good. Went hiking yesterday, but then had some steaks that made me sick (they had been totally thawed out then refrozen... a big no no). However, I was fine after a few hours! Other than that, just a normal weekend.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:40 pm
Snoink says...

I passed my driving test and got addicted to a facebook app called Space Raiders. I, of course, blame Incan. *nods*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:41 pm
Firearris says...

So, anything special/big coming up for any of you all?
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

I'm taking my driver's test on Thursday!!! Oh, and I just finished a horse show yesterday! It was a blast. XD

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm
tinny says...

My younger cousin came up, and so we've been over at my Grandma's wrestling him and causing trouble :3
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:51 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I had a mini-party with some friends, watching Batman and Mighty Boosh =D today I went shopping, I bought a T-Shirt that says "I Love Nerds" <3

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:14 pm
Clo says...

Nate, you are so brilliant! :)

Lovegalore - THE MIGHTY BOOSH! Best show ever! British humor, if only more Americans relished it.

I was with friends this weekend. We had a pool party! But then it started lightning. We stayed in the pool anyway (hooray Darwinism!).
How am I not myself?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Meshugenah says...

GIANTS GAMES! *spazzes*

I mean... they're up 2-0 on a three game series with the Padres! Woo! Better than the Dodgers series, that's for sure (read: EW).

AND! They're 3-2 on the roadtrip! So at worst they'll spit this much of it! And! We may get to go to a game next week! *dances* a DODGERS/GIANTS game. Woo! Go, one of the longest standing rivalries in baseball! (second to yankees/boston, but they're still on the east coast! giants/dodgers has been going on since it was NY/Brooklyn!).

I'm not a total nut case. Really.

And, er, I take it I should go see this Batman movie, then?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:22 pm
Teague says...

Snoink >> You and your addictive personality. :P

Bek >> How about that Giants-Diamondbacks series, eh? ^^

My weekend has been interesting! Yesterday my air conditioning went out -- yup, all day, no air conditioning, in Arizona, in August. I did everything I could to keep cool. I took a shower, put on light clothing, hid under the only fan in the flat, stuck my head in the freezer, everything. Of course, the repairman never comes, so my mum and I pack some overnight bags as well as our cat and shove off for my dad's hotel, where we stayed the night. That was fun -- I'm not going to go into too much detail, since I've already blogged about this twice. xD

But today I was supposed to go over to a friend's house, but her mum decided to be weird and cancelled on me, so I went to Target and bought a spiffy new watch since my old one broke. Then we went to the library, but it wasn't open yet so we drove to an abandoned back road and my mum let me drive for a little while. ^^

So yes! I have fresh books [the synopsis of one which made me laugh out loud and get looks from people] and a hot lunch. Woot.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:53 pm
StellaThomas says...

My weekend has been incredibly boring. But my week was fun :D I went to London!

I saw Billy Elliot, which is absolutely fabulous, if you ever get the chance to see it, do. And the Billy we got, my, but for a Californian he has one good Geordie accent. I'm still humming "Solidarity, solidarity," in my head.

And I met up with my cousins and a school friend, which was really good. My cousins are completely mad, so I get on really well with them :D

And we went to the Globe! I'm not going to be one of those people who says "Shakespeare is my life!" but we saw "The Merry Wives of Windsor" and it was excellent. In the programme it mentioned how it was a forerunner to Fawlty Towers (I know!) and it was true, you couldn't help but connect Mr. Ford with John Cleese.

We went to Buckingham Palace too :D. It is now my life's ambition to get invited to a State Banquet there...

So yeah.

What books did you get, Saint? I got some new ones too, I'm reading Northanger Abbey, and I got Tess of the D'Ubervilles and something called "The Vesuvius Club" too.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Congrats on passing your driving test, Snoink!
Friday I went to see the amazingness that is The Dark Knight, and got some Chinese with my friend. Saturday I went to work, then in the evening I played pool (yep, I have a pool table!) with my dad, and today I drew a picture of The Joker, and just generally lounged around with the house to myself. I also spent nearly every waking moment thinking about how awesome The Dark Knight was and how much I want to see it again.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath