z

Young Writers Society

Furby!

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:58 am
Bittersweet says...

Ah, Furby. I was only like... five when those were starting to go out of style, but I remember we had this white one and my grandpa got mad at it. "Yuuummmmm!" xD -shudders-
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 am
Jon says...

I think everyone had one, I once had a dream that one of them had a butcher knife in It's hand and it was chasing me.

even more scarier though, I just look them up Ebay and I found ONE for 100.00 dollars!
can you believe it?
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

wisemann210 wrote:I think everyone had one, I once had a dream that one of them had a butcher knife in It's hand and it was chasing me.

That would be scary - particularly so because Furbies don't have hands... :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:23 pm
Lauren says...

My sister and I had numerous furbies. Our parents hated them!

They were supposed to gradually "learn" our language too.

I remember one of them used to mimick the phone ringing.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:52 pm
pegasi_quill says...

lhighton wrote:I remember one of them used to mimick the phone ringing.

Seriously? Now that's creepy. Can't say mine ever tried doing that, thank God.

I do remember trying to feed my pink furry toy though. And pretending it would actually eat. it took months of persuasion before I finally received the Furby - right now, it's sitting in my long-forgotten drawer, where I found it recently trying to (unsuccessfully) clean my room.

I've kept it for its sentimental value. ;)
~Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You can never tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things~

Away until August 31st (possibly longer)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm
Sakah says...

Ahhh, Furbies.

One of my buddies actually skinned one and gave the pelt to someone else for their birthday. He has a picture of the skinned Furby on his cell phone xD
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:47 am
romance otaku says...

ok, i have a friend who has two, and they refuse to shut up!!! and, worst of all, they dont die!!. throw a furby out of a 20 strory building, you will find it on the ground, perfectally fine, crying fr its mom. kinda like my trackfone...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I "babysat" my friend's Furby once when I was younger. I had to go to the dentist on the way to bringing it back to her house, and it was sat in my bag chattering away to itself...people in the waiting room were rather bewildered. :lol:
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:47 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

*ZOMG!!!!* I remember them!!!!!

I got one for christmas one year and was sick of it by boxing day! The batteries were taken out within a week and it was shoved to the back of my wardrobe lol :D
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 am
ScriboErgoSum says...

Those things were the most bizarre toys ever, I think. I once had... three, maybe? And for a while, I actually liked them. Eeek.

lhighton wrote:
I remember one of them used to mimick the phone ringing.

Mine used to do that too...

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:08 pm
Lynlyn says...

Clograbby is right... let me set some of this straight.

Furbies don't really "learn" anything from you talking to them. They're sort of on a timer... they start out saying gibberish things, and after x hours of you playing with it, it will start to introduce certain English phrases, like "me love you!" or "me hungry!" or "oooh, oooh! do not, like!" when you hold it upside-down.

Ergo, I am so sick of hearing stories about how people's Furbies learned say "I watching you sleep, Michael!" or "[expletive] your mom!" because they're obviously just made up. One time at church I heard some mom talking about how she grounded her daughter because the Furby had learned so many dirty words that she decided her daughter must have been using them very frequently behind her back. Unlucky child... I think her mother just had trouble understanding Furbish.

However, to get Furby to burp eight times in a row, feed him thrice, then pet his back once.

It's better if you don't ask.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare