z

Young Writers Society

Manglish unveiled!

59 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 59
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:12 pm
Fye says...

Hey everyone! I don't find many members around here from my country, so I thought I'd try to persuade you to read about Manglish: the official unofficial Malaysian English. What is it? I'll say it's fun, unique, has its pros and cons, and I definitely did not expect it to have a full-scope article on Wikipedia.

May I pull you to discover this seemingly unknown "language"? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manglish

And yes, I do speak Manglish everyday. More often than English, in fact. It's part of necessity and habit. I'd just like to see what your comments are, and in case you want to ask anything, I'm here.

P/S: Be sure to check out the other links, like the vocabulary section.

Thanks for reading!
Fye

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:21 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey I never even knew about that, how itneresting. I love how different language variations just sprout up. So cool =] You should write a story using that sort of language! It would be great to read.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:58 pm
kittykat says...

Oh my gosh! I speak this! *does happy dance excitedly* Aku bisa basa ini! Tapi sedikit saja, saya nggak flasih. ...It's bad isn't it? lol. :D Okay, well I speak Indonesian, which is sort of the same thing, right? My mom is from there and she's helping me learn it. ^_^

A few days ago I just got back from Jakarta, Indonesia and a few days before that I was in Bali. Which I learned has a lot of tourists. It's so cool to find someone else on here that can speak the language. Hope to see you around more!

-kittykat
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:39 pm
View Likes
Adnamarine says...

Somewhat hysterical, and oddly cool. It's interesting how when I would say the some of the words they wouldn't sound quite right from me no matter what inflection I used. But some of them I just had to find the right one. And some of them I speak:) I should totally use this for something... *becomes lost in thought*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo