z

Young Writers Society

What was your first story about?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:48 am
Clo says...

I wrote it in first grade. It was called The Jaguar and the Bobcat. It was about a nice little bobcat the accidently went into the Jaguar's cave, and then the jaguar killed him. I was a demented little kid. But the pictures were nice.

Jared, I would have loved to see what your teacher said! :lol: That's adorable.

Mine was about a girl named Willow who gets lost in the woods with her dog. Who happened to be a golden retriever, even though I never described it as such in the story. o_O
How am I not myself?

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:28 am
kayla_4571 says...

I don't consider writing a story until I
was in the 5th grade and it was about
a woman with cancer sitting in a rocking
chair waiting to die because she had
no money for treatment. My teacher gave
me an award for it. :]
That's life, that's what all the people say.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:08 am
Jiggity says...

Well, my first original attempt at a story was called A Short Story Entitled 'A Beggar's Tale' and it was about Merlin, the greatest wizard in folkore and mythology, now only a harmless busker, a bum in the streets. I thought it was a cool idea that thousands of people walked past this bedraggled non-entity unaware of who he'd once been...it was pretty bad though; there was no action, just him reminiscing about how he got to where he was...

Before this were two god-awful imitations of Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings respectively.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:15 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

I wrote this in 1st grade. It's called "The Power Went Out". It was about a boy who's power always went out on Monday. He found out later it was because men were cutting down trees in their back yard and it was cutting the power lines.

Yeah. My best acheivement there was spelling "electricity" correctly. It was kind of pathetic.

After that, my next attempt was a six chapter version of The Elements. It...was...HORRIBLE!!!111one

Seriously. I still have it. With the original (terrible) illustrations I did and the original plastic binder thingy. I might put it up here later.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:32 pm
Demeter says...

I don't remember exactly what my first story is, and I don't know if it even should be considered a story. If you don't count these little stories at school made by a given title, it's probably a story about a Greek girl named Elena who lived in Santorini with her family and did everything fun. :) It's not been finished.

Another one was about four girls who discovered they all had this power of an element. Trisha had fire, Jasmin earth, Deanna air and Sarah had water. And of course they fell for guys who also had powers of elements. They had tutors who also had the powers: Helen, um... what were they called again? Helen, Michelle, and two others, anyway. The girls were all transported to a land called Chryseida's Forest/Beech Forest, and surprise, surprise! The boys were there, too, and they were supposed to save Princess Tricolore together. I didn't finish that one, either.

And don't you dare steal my wonderful 9-year-old's ideas!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:01 am
Rascalover says...

I wasn't inspired to write my first story until I was in 7th grade and it was about a couple who were rasing a daughter and expecting another child when they found out that the husband had cancer. they were a church going family but after her husband died the wife saw no reason to believe in god. Since the husband made a decent paycheck as a country music artist the wife took a while to rebuild her life. With the money they had left she moved her family out to alabama to be close to her own family. During that transition the woman and two kids live with her mother and father. As her mother can tell she is struggling she tries to get her daughter to come back to church and get saved. the daughter refuses for a while, but when her now 9 year old daughter is telling her its whats best she gives in. at the end she realizes God isn't the leaving kind and that he was truely there for her.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:57 am
bunnie_i_am says...

My first story was about my little brother geting married. For some reason though, he was older than me. It was really werid. My friend ended up kidnapping Jonny Deep and makeing him her date. My other friend ended up takeling her and they were fighting. My brother was marrying his little friend, and they looked so cute togeather ( in real life and in the story.) It all ended up being a dream.
It was really werid and the neext day me and my friends ended up makeing my brother and his friend "get married."
"Having an eye for beauty isn't the same thing as a weakness except possibly when it comes to you."
"I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you"
"I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me"

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 am
KailaMarie says...

i used to make little picture books that explained things like how a seed turned into a pumpkin. But the first story i wrote with a plot was probably about a bird (which i mispelled way too many times) who was trying to fit in with a squirrel who didnt trust him b/c he thought he was going to steal his acorns, and a snail that didn't like the bird b/c he thought he was trying to show off in his speed, but then a mouse became his friend and they all had a party.

i know, intense, right? lol. it's actually kind of embarrassing, but it was when i was really little, so i dont mind that much. lol.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:56 pm
jenni321 says...

I was fairly narcisstic when I was little: I wrote a 2 page story on 'Princess Jennifer' who was the "prettiest, richest, nicest girl in the whole wide world!" The whole story was pretty much how pretty, nice, and clever 'Princess Jennifer' was. It ended with me, I mean Princess Jennifer, marrying a handsome prince a moving to Poland. :lol: I must have been 7 at the time...yeah, I was pretty bad when I was a kid. I wonder if I could still get it published, haha.

~ 'Princess Jennifer' :wink:
On a scale of 1 to Random, I'm pretty ADHD.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:35 am
Theo Hart says...

It was, essentially, a Sonic/Space Jam Crossover fan-fiction. *shudders*

That is all. I will not elaborate. Otherwise, your imagination will explode with the non-awesome. The whole thing gives me the jibblies.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:44 am
wizkid515 says...

My first story was Fantasy (as all ways :lol:)
it was about a boy who had to go on a really long journey to find an evil man who stole an evil wand
it never got finsihed :roll:
:smt064
tat ta

Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:55 pm
Jon says...

My first story *attempt* that is, was around age 9 or 10. It was really just a spin off of Little House on The Prairie. I think I made it to about a page long, but hey, every writer starts somewhere. Now I consider myself to be an excellent writer, but there is always room for improvement. * My Punctuation*

Now I write mostly Fantasy Fiction, a couple of poems too.

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:52 pm
Anna Graham says...

Oh boy! The earliest story I recall was in sixth grade. I think we were supposed to be writing tall tales or something... anyway, i wrote this long thing about a dancing Hawaiian lady with magical powers, a little girl who was kidnapped by the stereotypical bad guys, and a Mallard duck. The whole story was based on how the Mallard duck got a green head.

To make a long story short, it was awful and I knew it. My teacher seemed to think it was cute though. Ug...

-Anna
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Sapphire says...

I started writing when I was five or six and can clearly recall both my first poem and story because they're still in my old writing folder. Actually, I just realised I remember the poem off-by-heart. :lol:

The poem was about a cat, entitled 'The Cat', basically describing the way it looks, then finishing with it biting off a mouse's head. I remember on 'Poetry Day' I read it out to the class and the ending was their favourite bit. :shock: This began a number of animal poems, very creatively named after the animal I was writing about.

The story was about twins, Amy and Alistair, who get a puppy for their Christmas. I wrote it out and illustrated it, drew a cover and stapled it together. It was 16 pages. It's funny going back and reading it because I obviously still believed in Santa at that age, and at one point their mum phones him up to make sure he has the present ready. :oops:
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:57 am
Alice says...

A dancing snake.

A childrens story that I'm determined to publish someday ^_^.
I just lost the game.

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln