z

Young Writers Society

The Dark Knight

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:23 pm
Squall says...

The film was so good, I became addicted to one of Joker's phrases: "Why so serious? :twisted: "

Watched it on imax with my friends :D
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I was one of the last people I know to see this.

It didn't disappoint. And I know it sounds cliche, but Heath Ledger truly did steal the whole film. How can you not love the Joker after having seen him play it?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:44 pm
StellaThomas says...

I saw it on Wednesday -I know, long time after it came out. It was pretty good. I thought the raving about Heath Ledger was just because, you know, he's dead, but he was actually the best bit of the film.

I did think it dragged on a bit though. It could have ended at loads of different points and it just kept going. I was pretty tired and getting restless towards the end...

But it has made an effect. Lat night my friend and I sat for at least half an hour with an American quarter he found just flipping it and saying "Today's your lucky day." And then this morning at breakfast I was in a bad mood 'cause of something somebody said the night before and he took one look at me and said "Why so serious?"

The Joker really was good. The rest was alright, the effects were rather spectacular, but overall I think they could have cut a good forty minutes or so out and I would have liked it more. I don't mind long movies, but this was just dragging...

Oh, and I liked Harvey Dent's face. There was good symbolism behind it. And the fact the woman died, and was going to marry Harvey -yay, no cliché.

And I know I'm going to sound like an idiot, but... where's Robin in modern Batman?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:43 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Stella Thomas wrote:And I know I'm going to sound like an idiot, but... where's Robin in modern Batman?

Wikipedia wrote:[Christopher] Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including Robin in the franchise because Bale is portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films". Nolan jokingly listed Frankie Muniz as a potential choice, if the studio forced him to cast. Bale joked "I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work" if Robin is introduced.

Link (you'll have to copy and paste the whole thing): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(film_series)#Nolan_series

To be honest, I agree with him. The old ones got pretty crappy from the minute they introduced Robin.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:10 pm
adi says...

this was great.
the cinematography was lovely.
heath had some of the best acting i've ever seen.
but the plot wasn't as amazing as i had hoped.
still great though.
we
a c c e p t
the love we think we
d e s e r v e.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:31 am
KnightlyAngel09 says...

okay. My post is a little late since the movie was showed a long time ago. But I LOVE THE MOVIE. I think it's the most amazing superhero film ever not to mention the best comics-movie film ever. It was a movie but then it feels like the comic book I was reading when I was younger just kaboomed into life! I love the part with the bombs on the boat. It's so HOPEFUL.
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li