z

Young Writers Society

Am I crazy?

Is this a good idea?

YES!
89%
NO WAY!
11%
Good idea, but someone smarter beat you to it.
No votes

Total votes : 18

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:21 am
niteowl says...

Hello I just joined this site about 15 minutes ago. I have an idea for a usergroup but since I don't know if anybody would be interested, I'm posting my idea here for other people to check out.

My brilliant idea!

At my library, we have a Teen Book and Pizza Club. It's a lot of fun because you get a free book, free pizza and pop, and you get to hang out with a bunch of awesome people.

Unfortunately, I do not have the technology to hand you free pizza and pop or a free book via the Internet. If anyone has discovered such technology please post! :lol:

Anyway here is my idea for the Internet version. Each month or so, the group decides on a new book to read. Participation each time is not mandatory; if you don't want to or cannot find the book, you do not have to participate.

On an agreed-upon date, I'll open the discussion with something cheesy like "So what do you think?" Since people are online at different times, I'll let the discussion go on for a little while, maybe once it gets really out of hand.

If a)something like this already exists on the site, b)this is a great idea and you are totally interested, or c) I am truly insane for thinking up such an idea, PLEASE respond to the poll, post in the forum, and/or email me.

Thanks for reading!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:02 pm
iced.cappuchino says...

Darn!
Someone smarter than me beat me to it!

I vote b). You are totally insane, but the idea is totally great, and I am totally interested. ^o^

You might wanna move post this in the Usergroup thread, with the "official form" thinger-ma-jigger though. It'll attract more attention. *wink wink nudge*
Last edited by iced.cappuchino on Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:19 pm
Nate says...

I agree; this is a great idea! I'm going to advertise it under the official thread for ya, but I'll leave this one open.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:13 pm
Perra says...

This is a good idea, but I might not have time to read any of the books, if I joined. Not that I'm not interested!
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:36 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, we should maybe pick a short book. Like...say...150 +pages or so and discuss it.

Why would anyone think they are crazy after getting this idea?!
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:30 am
ZZAP says...

Besides you, no one... jk

I like the idea, but Usergroups are a little slow in the making... I only have one member so far, and I thought getting 4 extra members was easy :shock:

-Z

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:58 am
Crysi says...

It sounds like a good idea. I'm a little hesitant to join, only because I haven't had much extra time lately.
Love and Light

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:27 am
ZZAP says...

Yea! She's joining mine! *nudges* *a small pitiful voice says "Yea, I can't join, I'm in love with ZZA- Tolkien's writing* 8) 8)

-Z

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:46 am
Crysi says...

:roll:

You wish. That's why you automatically assumed I was joining yours ;)

It's alright, love. At least I didn't have to send a pitiful PM to you begging to let me join :P
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:05 am
Elelel says...

I like the idea niteowl :D, I'd probably join that usergroup school might interupt... oh wait, holidays start soon! Yeah, I'm interested!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:34 am
niteowl says...

Well it seems unanimous that this is a great idea. There's obviously an interest; however, since I read somewhere else that you can only join one group for now and due to time constraints and such, I'm not 100% positive who is a definite YES! Here's what I'm getting based on these posts.
iced.cappucino-YES!
Eloere-YES!
EBM-YES!
ZZAP-Interested, but has own group
Crysi-Interested, but is joining ZZAP's
Perra-Interested, but no time.
Nate-Probably

For future reference, if you are a definite YES! please pm me so I can make it official. You are of course still welcome to post here too if you want. I will pm everyone on the above list to get a more definite status. Like I have said before and will almost definitely say again, I get confused quite easily. So please help me! :lol:

Niteowl

418 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:45 am

But can you join 2 groups? I have joined ZZAP's Tolkien (at least I told him to add me) and yours...can I do that?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:17 am
niteowl says...

Nate emailed me yesterday and said that rule is being scrapped. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yes you can.

While I'm here I will update everyone's status:

OFFICIAL
Me!(duh!)
Nate
iced.cappuchino
EBM

Everyone else is still Maybe.

418 Reviews

Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:39 am

So, how many people can join? Four? Or can it have a million people?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:41 am
niteowl says...

It can have as many as you want (I think) but the minimum is five members. Now I wonder...does that include the leader?

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil