z

Young Writers Society

Who do you admire?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:37 pm
Fishr says...

Heh...

Well, if I have to pick a second, I have to say I admire my dad's entire family - ancestors and all! He had twelve uncles growing up; born into a poorer side, not poverty-stricken but cash was slim. And yet, the stories I hear, that family got along fine finanaces wise. I hear my uncle (second) Bill was quite the character, lol! Besides the large family, my dad's side has a lot of history behind it and so I admire all the trifles, yet everyone pulled through as a unit.

Third - Some may argue and debate with their nose bleeds, and that is fine; I'm used to it, but I have always looked up to Samuel Adams. Upon reflecting, without dishing out a history lesson, he was largely responsible for starting the American Revolution. Adams' actions were extreme and in the 1700's, he was looked upon by the delegates as a firebrand - a incompantant hothead, which is one major reason he never had the oppertunity in serving as a Vice or a President.

Yet, through all Adams' mistakes, he did in his good concious mind what he believed strongly in, and no person should shun such devotion, even if some of his acts were truly vile. So, to sum up, I admire a person who has the odds stacked against them, yet that person doesn't give two craps and will continue no matter the concinquences, even if they face death or imprisonment because of what they are presuing is something that person believes strongly in - for the good of the people. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:38 pm
-KayJuran- says...

At the moment... my uncle. He actually went to Hiroshima on his own to teach English, even though he had never been there before [he had just left uni then] and now he's married with two kids and teaches English and economics at Hiroshima University.

So... yeah, he's pretty amazing. :)

There are other people who I admire too: anyone who can fully function without coffee in the morning, a bunch of people on this site [mostly for their writing] and my friends for being the amazing people that they are.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:52 pm
Dream Deep says...

Well now that I've succeeded rambling on and embarassing Imp - the rest of the list. ^_~

My dad, definitely, he is one of the most amazing people I have and will ever have the pleasure to meet. My Nana, for having been so sweet and selfless, a human embodiment of an angel, the best woman in the world: Eleanor Gavaletz. ^_~

I admire various people much more distant for their various skills and abilities, and what they've lived through and accomplished: Malika Oufkir, Mahatma Ghandi, etc. Mathematicians: Oskar Morgenstern and Richard Dedekind, of course. ^_^ Artists, athletes, and the great musicians of the world, past and present.

And I admire my friends, all of them, for (as the lovely Kay said) "being the amazing people that they are". ^_~

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore