z

Young Writers Society

Poetry Review Workshop: Poetic Noticing

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:53 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hi everyone! Need to polish your poetry review skills for LRS? We've got you covered! Come join us this upcoming week at . . .

The Poetic Noticing Workshop!

This workshop, taking place on (adjusted to your timezone) is a workshop about reviewing poetry, and specifically, how to observe the background details of a poem. No prior experience with poetry needed!

It will run on WriterFeedPad, hosted by me, Lim :D The link to the pad will be posted in this thread, as well as on the People's Tab on the day. We'll have a go at separating the 'foreground' or unusual parts of a poem from the 'background' parts to see how they relate to each other and brainstorm together how it might be helpful to comment on these relationships in a review. After that, we'll jump into reviewing poetry for your March review goals.

Hope to see you there!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:44 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Here is the pad link! This will be up for people who want to scroll through the workshop later as well. https://liminality.writerfeedpad.com/119
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman