Young Writers Society

Quiz: What Kind of Reviewer Are You?

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:45 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

What Kind of Reviewer Are You?

You may have seen some news floating around about Last Reviewer Standing, the reviewing challenge that will be happening in March. Before putting on your raccoon masks, why not figure out what kind of reviewing raccoon you are for the occasion? Here's some questions that will help you figure that out! (Keep in mind this is just for fun and in no way represents the entirety of the raccoon population in a scientific, egg-like, or even particularly fluffy way ;) )

1. First of all, what's your favourite thing to read outside of YWS?

a) Memes
b) A book series or two, or three . . .
c) Blurbs, short stories, maybe a fanfiction or two
d) Poetry or scripts

2. Have you ever reviewed something outside of YWS? (Doesn't have to be published, you can count reviews you wrote in your diary too :) )

a) Hmm, not really
b) Yes, I reviewed my favourite novel!
c) I've left a very enthusiastic comment on a fanfiction or short story somewhere
d) I wrote a five page essay about this one very obscure work for school, does that count?

3. Quotes or paraphrasing?

a) GIFs!
b) Quotes!
c) Paraphrasing!
d) Well, that depends on the situation, as normally it is considered appropriate to quote an author on something you disagree with, but on the flipside . . .

4. How do you feel about Review Month?

a) It's a good time to spread chaos.
b) It motivates me to catch up on works I've been wanting to read :')
c) I am the sovereign of Review Month. I am the monarch.
d) Reviewing every day is a bit much for me -- I'll try five really detailed reviews :)

5. You may be a raccoon, but are you also a tortoise?

a) Who says I'm a raccoon? <.<
b) I could be!
c) Yes!
d) I want to be!

6. It's nearly Sunday, and you haven't done your four reviews for this round of Last Reviewer Standing. What do you do?

a) Call The Egg for help
b) Binge my fave YWS novel and review those chapters
c) Review four 'first chapters' so I don't have to read the previous chapters
d) Review four haiku

Results:

Mostly 'a' answers -> Egg Raccoon

You are a very mysterious raccoon indeed. Your favourite things to review are probably all related to YWS conspiracies, such as the unclassified vs classified battle and goos vs chickens. In March, keep an eye out for works that look suspicious, like Mystery/Suspense novels, as well as cryptic wall posts.

Mostly 'b' answers -> Full Course Meal Raccoon

You prefer going all in, when you go in. You're the binge-reader, the novel fan, the line-commenter. You probably use the quote function a lot, and you probably follow at least one club set up by a YWS author to promote or chat about their works.

Mostly 'c' answers -> Free-Samples Connoisseur Raccoon

As a reviewer, you like picking out the overview of things and largely operate on generalities. You help writers figure out how their work functions as a larger whole, giving impressions and fast feedback on first chapters. You've probably had a taste of every kind of writing the site has to offer, from novels to articles.

Mostly 'd' answers -> Gourmet Popcorn Raccoon

You have a very specific thing you read and you have lots to say about it. Your expert opinions are valuable to all writers, from those just venturing into your field for the first time to those who are also experts and seeking someone who is on the same wavelength.

~~

Did you enjoy the quiz? Leave a reply to this post saying which raccoon you got! And let us know if you have any March reviewing goals :D
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:50 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

I was really close between B and C. I got C but B describes me better… Maybe I’m just a lazy B.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:52 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I got the gourmet popcorn racoon which is pretty accurate. I think all of my answers were d so... little room for error there! you nailed me down!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:19 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I´m mostly B. Actually, there was only one time another answer than B. Full Course Meal Raccoon sounds delicious.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:55 pm
View Likes
momonster says...

i got two a's, two b's, and two d's! lol, what does that make me, a trash panda?
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:59 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

I'm also a Full Course Meal Raccoon!

@dancingontheclouds I love the idea that you're a trash panda xD

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:53 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

I got Free-Samples Connoisseur Raccoon, which honestly... describes me pretty well.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:19 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Ooh this is fun!

My answers:
Spoiler! :
A - tiktok xD
D - okay okay to be fair, I reviewed someone else's essay in high school for a class of theirs, does that count?
B - I am unfortunately a quote spammer, but i do dabble in gifs xD
B - *looks at TLD and BTD*
A - #classified
B - again, *looks at TLD and BTD*

I am the full course meal raccoon. This... yeah pretty much sums me up xD IM A BIG OLE RACCOON
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:28 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Ahhh, ok, I got C, D, A, D, C, and D, so I'm a Gourmet Popcorn Racoon, followed by a Free Samples Connoisseur. :)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:35 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Is it bad that when I was reading this quiz I knew I was going to be the meme answer xD

First Egg Raccoon :') Proud!

Although I will say for questions 3 and 4 I was having a really, really hard time deciding so if I'd gone with B then I'd be tied for Egg Raccoon and Full Course Meal Raccoon, which is honestly accurate xD

A
A
A/B
A/B
A
B

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:30 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

My answers:
D
D
C
C /B
B
A !!

So I'll count that as mostly D I think! :D making me a Gourmet Popcorn Raccoon ! :D this was a really fun Quiz Liminoodle! Thanks for sharing it !

Looking forward to hopefully jumping full force back into reviewing in the Last Reviewer Standing Contest! :D My reviewing goal is to not get kicked out of the All Time Review Leaderboard top 25, since Mail kicked me down a spot, mine is a bit more precarious. I think I'd like to write 10 reviews in March.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:22 am
Liminality says...

So I took my own quiz right after I wrote it and my first answer was the Gourmet Popcorn Raccoon. Now I just retook the quiz and my new answer is Full Course Meal Raccoon because I've been reviewing more and more novels.

Character development?
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity.
— Franz Kafka