Young Writers Society

Cast your Novel's Movie Adaptation!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:01 am
Firestarter says...

Simple, yet fun.

If your novel (finished or unfinished) was contacted by a producer to be picked up as a movie, who would you want to be cast as your characters? There is no limit to how many stars you have, because there is no budget. Let your dreams go wild!

Some explanations would be helpful to people who don't know your story!

The Sky So Deeply Red

Xanthos -- blonde-haired MC whose cosy life gets turned upside down by the impending war -- Brad Pitt. Because he was great as Achilles in Troy and Xanthos is supposed to be handsome, and it's totally how I envisage Xanthos looking.

Pankratios - exiled Spartan who kicks a lot of ass -- Russell Crowe without a doubt. With the gritty look and kick-ass-ness he displayed in Gladiator, he's prime choice.

Sophia - strong, independent woman struggling in male society who is, of course, beautiful -- Naomi Watts -- I think she'd have the neccesary looks yet female strength needed for the part.

That's all I have for now, but I'll update it later!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:05 pm
Fand says...

Nice one, Jack! I've actually already done this, just to get a good image of everyone in my head...

Marcy Evans - the quirky antiheroine - Claire Danes (as a blond)

Lynne Eberly - the quirkier best friend/resident overly vocal lesbian - Rachel Leigh Cook, mostly because the character is based on my own roommate and she found this great picture that coincided freakishly well with the image of Lynne already in my head...

Jasper Evans - the overprotective big brother/resident fatalist - Noah Wylie

Lex Vasiliev - the surprisingly amiable suitor (read: stalker) who refuses to take no for an answer - Milo Ventimiglia

Charlie Foss - the complication incarnate/the chronically unlucky aristocratic scio who chooses la vie boheme over Old Money - Christian Bale

Professor Chin Gi Chul - the meddlesome professor and confidant for Charlie - Daniel Dae Kim

Professor Joel Chase - the meddlesome professor and confidant for Marcy - Ben Harper
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud