z

Young Writers Society

"Harry Potter fans unite!"

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:16 pm
Fand says...

But this time, the advertising isn't for myself. Nonono. It's for the greatest RPG of all time (and I'm not talking Rocket-Propelled Grenades, or whatever it is they call themselves at the moment :wink: ). But I'll let Sonora's Astronomy professor and Head of Teppenpaw House, Declan Chatterjee, do the talking.

*Wizard in Aran knit sweater and trousers steps forward, smiling nervously*

Well, hullo all. I s'pose I'm here to tell you about our school. Sonora Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry... located in the breathtaking painted deserts of Arizona near the fabled ghost-town, Tumbleweed, Sonora Academy was established in the mid-1800's by Leith Clurican and Curtius Tribble, two Irish iwizard immigrants with a vision of bringing formal magical education to the Western United States. Don't worry about the grounds being all sand and rock, though--our founding fathers from the Emerald Isle, never too fond of the desert themselves, filled the castle and surrounding grounds with a plethora of plants... some of which have minds of their own. The four houses (Aladren, Teppenpaw, Crotalus, and Pecari, which vaguely relate to Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Gryffindor, respectively, though it's a bit more complicated than that) were named after wizarding villages in the west.

Here at Sonora we boast many luxuries--the beautiful Cascade Hall, with its titular waterfalls and crystal chandeliers; a full-size Quidditch pitch; the Labyrinth Gardens (which are notoriously easy to get lost in, as I myself know); an expansive library perfect for procrastinating in; and one of the best mediwizards as well as a state of the art hospital wing. Core curriculum includes Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, Astronomy with yours truly, and Care of Magical Creatures; after your third year, you're also welcome to take one of our two elective classes, Muggle Studies and Ancient Runes.

You know, though, I can spout facts at you 'til I'm blue in the face and you've fallen face forward onto your desk, snoring--but nothing can convince like a trip to Sonora itself. Take a look around, stop by the OOC board for a cuppa, or just email me at professordeck@yahoo.com if you have any questions. Of course, you could always just PM Fand, I suppose. Thank you, and have a fabulous day!

*enter Fand again*

All right, well, he's taken care of most of it, so I'll just put in my two cents and leave you to your exploring, shall I? Sonora is a rather advanced RPG; we take great pride in our creativity and cleverness over there. It's done as though Harry Potter and Voldemort never existed--so you'll be seeing no Padma Weasleys or third-generation McGonagalls on our boards. Rather, we borrowed Rowling's universe and created our own little world. We also have very good relations with the Salem Institute, another RPG with which we share many authors.

Unfortunately, we're still several applications short of our preferred quota of students for the new year, but as soon as we get those filled (*meaningfully glances at audience and grins*) the new term should begin promptly.

Oh, yes, and before I forget, the link--http://www.geocities.com/sonora_academy/. And feel free to PM me, respond here, or email me if you have any questions!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

I write because I don't know what I think until I read what I say.
— Flannery O'Connor