z

Young Writers Society

No Halo movie?!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:00 pm
LamaLama says...

Fox Searchlight and Universal Studios have pulled funding from the new movie, which is projecting a 200mil(UK) budget, well over its 135 mil.

BBC wrote:Universal and Fox film studios have withdrawn financing from the planned movie based on popular video game Halo, reports US magazine Variety.

Rumours suggested the studios were concerned the budget could reach £200m, after an original projection of £135m.

The film-makers said the studios pulled out after they and Halo creators Microsoft refused to reduce their deals on the project.

Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is an executive producer.

Super-soldier

Ken Kamins, who represents Jackson and his partner Fran Walsh, said Microsoft was in talks with other distribution partners.

Preparation work on the film is reportedly continuing at Jackson's and Walsh's Weta production facilities in New Zealand.

The Halo script is by The Beach and 28 Days Later... screenwriter Alex Garland, and due to be directed by first-time feature film-maker Neill Blomkamp.

Read it yourself, here:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6070934.stm
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:32 pm
Firestarter says...

I reckon it'll be picked up by another studio.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:50 pm
Ares says...

Its gotta be. Halo's way too big not to be a movie...

52 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:56 pm
LamaLama says...

No sh** man! I was really excited!

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

Reviews: 0
Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:34 am
Insomnium says...

I wasn't holding my breath for a Halo movie. The whole idea was quite redundant, the game is basically an interactive movie. If you want to go to the movies to see pointless death and destruction (Like the halo movie was going to be like) bid for a Dawn of war movie.

52 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:15 pm
LamaLama says...

Oh, ye of little faith.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:35 pm
Ego says...

Er...Halo is more than pointless death and destruction. Especially if Peter Jackson is producing.

But yeah, I was rather disappointed that it's been delayed. And I say delayed becuase Halo has too large a fanbase to be merely dropped like a bad habit.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

52 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:24 pm
LamaLama says...

True, but its been done before. Especially when Fox is involved. Or need I remind everyone of Firefly?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:33 pm
Ego says...

Very true. Fox is full of idiots lol. If no one else, Lion's Gate will do it lol.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:13 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

The halo movie is either gonna be really good or its gonna really suck (IMO). I almost forgot about it actually (the movie).

But yea reminds me of Star Craft Ghost, it was dropped, but then it restarted (unfortunately blizzard isn't doing it so it might suck).

Hey, it'll probably get picked up.

Why doesn't Bill Gates Fund it? i don't think he'd have too much trouble pulling that off.

Also since the preperation is still going on when they restart they'll be ready to go (i'm guessing its gonna be before 2008, maybe mid 2007).

Or maybe its just wishful thinking. Halo 3 coming out (when exactly is that again?) can hold some of the stress at bay and help us wait for the movie.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

52 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 pm
LamaLama says...

Due Q3 next year, probably october, maybe as late as thanksgiving.

They'll probably want to release it just before the PS3 comes out, and possibly coincide with the realease of GTA 4, for an extra competative edge against Sony.

375 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:29 pm

Ouch, that late means i have to wait a year to buy it?! Well hopefully the 360's price will go down by then cause i'd need one of those too. :P

Yea a combination of HALO 3 and GTA 4 will be a good competitive edge against Sony (although HALO 3 can do it alone).

Not too many people will buy the PS3 me thinks, due to the price though (i want one just way too expensive).

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:45 pm
Sponson Light says...

For now, lets settle with Red Vs. Blue
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

375 Reviews

Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:47 pm

Sponson Light wrote:For now, lets settle with Red Vs. Blue

IT DOESN"T WORK ON MY COMPUTER!!!! AAAUGHH!!!!!!!!

*despair*

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

RvB? You can watch the entire series at youtube.
I wrote the above just for you.

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell