HAVE
WRITERS
BLOCK
!

Random avatar

Reviews: 31
Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:30 am
cathy says...

Don't worry about it. It happens to me all the time. I want to express something but I can't get it onto the paper. Write your ideas down and take a break and go back to it in a few days, it always works for me,
There’s nothing to do, There’s nothing to see
There’s no where to go, There’s no where to be
I’m just sitting alone, In this empty room
Writing my poem, I’m over the moon

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:05 am
Shine says...

me too...
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:21 am
deleted6 says...

Me too it annoying cause i had loads of idea and was typing up. Well i had to start my computer again and forgot to back it all up. Let this be a warning to everyone back stuff up.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:17 am
Emerson says...

contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as writers block.

You either A) have nothing to write about B) You don't know enough about your topic to actually write it (which means you should be more thinking) or C) You're using "writer's block" as an excuse to put off writing/editing/rewriting. (otherwise known as Writer's Procrastination! :lol:)

In case of A, try some good writing prompts! [url=http://writersdigest.com/writingprompts.asp]Writer's Digest Prompts![url] There are a lot of prompts there, so make good use of them!

As for B, exactly what I said above, if you don't know your idea or plot well enough you won't be able to write it, so do some more planning.

And, for C well...Join the party!

Oh, and you really shouldn't post this kind of stuff here. It's not much of a 'lyric poetry'. Maybe next time you could put something like this in the randomness/writing advice (or is it tips? I have yet to memorize the board names here...)/lounge. Kay?:-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:39 am
lexy says...

but it was written in a square etc.
So......... there.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:07 pm
Firestarter says...

This isn't actually literary material. I'm moving this to The Lounge because it seems more like a discussion about Writer's Block that any commenting on a literary piece.

*moved*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:43 pm
LamaLama says...

Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly