z

Young Writers Society

Astounding!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:38 pm
Firestarter says...

I was reading up on David Gemmell's posthumously published book, Shield of Thunder (he died in July) and assumed that the third in the trilogy wouldn't be able to come out because he died before completing it (he actually died while writing, slumped on his keyboard ...)

I then read this:

Troy: The Fall of Kings (due- Sep 2007) Although David died before completing the final novel in his Troy trilogy, Transworld announced that around 70,000 words were completed shortly before his death. They report that his wife, Stella, will complete the remainder of the book, working from his chapter notes. Stella Gemmell has been involved in the research and creation of the trilogy since its inception in 2003.

His wife is amazing ... to see her husband die and then decide to carry on writing his work and take on that sort of task is just astounding. I wish her all the best. I just think it's brilliant that she's carrying out her husband's, David's, vision.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:23 pm
Wiggy says...

That's awesome! Kudos to her! :D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:52 pm
Nagem says...

Wow that is amazing. good luck to her! thats for sure
I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. ~Mark Twain

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:50 am
Myth says...

Good luck to her, its truly amazing she is going to complete his work.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:52 am
Jiggity says...

I wonder if it'll be noticeable, the change in writer. Good on her, any continuation of Gemmel is awesome. I wish her all the best.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2