z

Young Writers Society

Why, mods, why?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:44 pm
LamaLama says...

It seems like more and more in the last couple of months, you mods have been unnecesarily stringent on things that are not problems. At least once a week I see "keep it civil you two" or something to that effect when absolutely nothing has gotten out of hand. When everyone is playing nice, and biding by the rules. And yet, there it is.

If it looked like things could get out of hand, I would understand a bit more, but exactly 0 times has that happened. Its always been when not only are things civil, but there isn't much room for them not to be civil.

wth, guys, really. wth?
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:40 pm
ZZAP says...

why do you care?

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 pm
Prosithion says...

I haven't noticed this, but then again, I haven't been on for quite a while.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:05 pm
backgroundbob says...

meddle not in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger...
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:09 pm
Prosithion says...

hehe... You are right. Never mess up a mod's day. hehe...
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:23 pm
Snoink says...

If it looked like things could get out of hand, I would understand a bit more, but exactly 0 times has that happened.

Maybe because the mods stepped in? ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

52 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 pm
LamaLama says...

Thats like saying my mouse keeps tigers away, because my mouse is here, and there aren't any tigers.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:52 pm
Sureal says...

I have to admit, I have seen one or two cases where members have been warned to 'cool it down' when there's not really a problem.
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:54 pm
Snoink says...

LamaLama wrote:Thats like saying my mouse keeps tigers away, because my mouse is here, and there aren't any tigers.

Be glad for that mouse then. ;)

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:58 pm
Sureal says...

But I liked tigers...

Stupid mouse.
I wrote the above just for you.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 pm
Incandescence says...

I have to agree with Sureal; sensitivity is a good quality, but as of late, it seems it is being taken to a bit of an extreme. Whatever the case, I'm sure there is valid reasoning from both sides. I look forward to seeing what mods have to say.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:09 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

If I see someone accusing a member of deliberately attempting to start a flame war, it is an indicator that the temperature of the debate forum is starting to rise.

We monitor the debate forum very closely because things can get out of hand there very quickly.

If we seem too stringent, it is because we don't want a heated exchange, much less a flame war.

We'll try to give you some more wiggle room, but if we see what we think is the beginning of a flame war, we will stop it when we see it.
Last edited by Griffinkeeper on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

52 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:10 pm
LamaLama says...

As do I, Brad.
I gotta say, I'm glad I'm not the only person that's noticed this.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:14 pm
Incandescence says...

Griffin,

I suppose the only thing I have to offer is that heated exchange is only a sign of passion--nothing else. As long as people still believe in their passions, and not calling each other idiots or what-not, I think they should have the right to continue on. Just a thought.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:15 pm
Snoink says...

LamaLama wrote:As do I, Brad.
I gotta say, I'm glad I'm not the only person that's noticed this.

Whiners, the lot of you! XD

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief