z

Young Writers Society

Why, mods, why?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:16 pm
Galatea says...

And yet the same messages have appeared in places aside from the debate forum. Debates, or any discussion, are at their best when there is passion to them.

What seems too stringent is warning people to "Cool off" when nothing is happening. Its really very confusing.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:49 pm
ZZAP says...

who cares? mods are doing their job, members are doing theirs. as a member i just ignore the mods. and when i was a mod i quickly just solved problems and never allowed a response. i think jack is the only real mod that does this anymore.

if a thread gets locked, so be it. if your post gets deleted, so be it. but if mods post with a possible response, it's only natural for teenagers like the above participants to argue. mods shouldn't even respond to this thread. i would add, someone should even move this to randomness.

z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:04 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Similarly, debates at their worst always involve passionate people. Flamers often are enraged with passion.

Debates are at their best when they are informative and go over a host of issues and idealogical questions on who we are and how we should live. Getting to the heart of these different positions are the best moments of a debate because these moments lead to understanding.

How can passion, a strong emotion, be greater than understanding, which is a blissful one?

Hence, a passionate discussion is watched closely, where an intelligent discussion needs no moderation.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:20 am
LamaLama says...

....But nothing has gotten to that level. Its been amused and light hearted at its worst, and yet still we are told to watch ourselves.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:24 am
Nate says...

LamaLama wrote:It seems like more and more in the last couple of months, you mods have been unnecesarily stringent on things that are not problems. At least once a week I see "keep it civil you two" or something to that effect when absolutely nothing has gotten out of hand. When everyone is playing nice, and biding by the rules. And yet, there it is.

If it looked like things could get out of hand, I would understand a bit more, but exactly 0 times has that happened. Its always been when not only are things civil, but there isn't much room for them not to be civil.

wth, guys, really. wth?

Maybe because you're involved?

Qi, this is something that does not need to be posted in The Lounge, and so it is locked now. If you have a problem, bring it up with either Jack or myself with specific examples to back yourself up.

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr