z

Young Writers Society

Conspiracy Theories

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:46 am
Jiggity says...

Know any? Believe any? If so, share them.

I was reading a book today, handed to me by a family member, its called the Secret World. It basically states that the Jewish ruke the world/ are on a mission to dominate the world in order to hand over to their "Messiah" the 'King of Zion' who in turn will make them the rulers of humanity. Or somesuch rubbish. He goes on to extrapolate that through major, central banks--owned by Jews--that the nation is governed and that all ''government'' decisions were geared toward their benefit and those of other major multinational corporations.

It was somewhat twisted, the author even took a stab at Sesame St!!

So thats the latest I've come across. Got any?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:48 pm
Sureal says...

- 9/11 was caused by the Americans,

- Goverment covering up of aliens (inc. the goverment take their orders from aliens),

- The world/America is really under control by a secret organisation (and, just like all ultra-secret organisations, they stick their logo just about everywhere they can),

- UFO's are actually scientists from the future going back in time to plant fossils to convert everyone to Atheism,

- The Holocaust never actually happened,

- The moon landing was a hoax,

- Princess Diana was actually killed by MI6,

- There are Satanic cults, who have infiltrated much of society,

I don't believe any of 'em :).

Ooh, here's a list of 'em on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... y_theories
I wrote the above just for you.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:31 pm
LamaLama says...

yeah, because the jews are so conscerned with world power. *rolls eyes* Look, if they can't even get a hold of Jeruselem, how do you imagine they'd take over the world? Oi.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:35 pm
Firestarter says...

All conspiracy theories are pretty stupid, although the JFK assassination ones have always seemed the most believable.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:12 pm
backgroundbob says...

There are Satanic cults, who have infiltrated much of society
Screw the infiltration, I can find plenty of openly-practicing ones hanging around Alderly Edge on All Hallow's Eve.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:16 pm
Galatea says...

The best conspiracies are the ones that have a little spark of truth to them, or are plausible enough to keep you thinking, "Huh, maybe that IS the case..."
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

506 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:40 pm
Sureal says...

backgroundbob wrote:
There are Satanic cults, who have infiltrated much of society
Screw the infiltration, I can find plenty of openly-practicing ones hanging around Alderly Edge on All Hallow's Eve.

Teenagers in gothic clothes don't count :P.

128 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 pm
Galatea says...

LOL. Right you are!

I get really mad at Gothic kids who wander around sporting inverted pentacles and inverted crosses. Especially when they have no concept of what it means to envoke those negative energies. Plus, they're perverting the symbol of my religion! *grumbles*

Yeah, that sounds like something out of the Christian Right. "Oh no! Those Satanists are coming for our children!!"

Wikipedia says: "In the United States of America, during the 1980s there was an upsurge in the old belief of "Satanic ritual abuse". Hundreds of thousands Americans, including Protestant Christians, feared that the United States was filled with child-sacrificing Satanists. Church sermons, newsletters and soon letters to newspapers and magazines, were filled with claims of tens of thousands of American children being kidnapped and murdered by supposed Satanists. These ideas soon made their way into the mainstream American media, where they initially were reported uncritically. This led to a wave of arrests against hundreds of American citizens, whose neighbors suddenly began accusing them of kidnapping, child abuse or murder. Hundreds of these people were accused of being witches or satanists, and were convicted by a jury. Only in the mid 1990s did the wave of witch hunts subside; since then the reports of tens of thousands of missing children have been proven false by official sources; there was no massive increase in kidnapping, abuse or murder."
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:04 pm
Prosithion says...

O_O WOW. What propaganda. Why can't humanity play nice?
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

128 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:24 pm
Galatea says...

I thought actually witch hunts (as in, the burning times, actually looking for WITCHES) were over a LONG time ago.

506 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:39 pm
Sureal says...

As I understand it, there are still plenty of people who distrust and fear witches.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:42 am
Jiggity says...

You coulda gone a little more indepth on those theories you posted above Sureal. Sheesh.

And as for you LAMA! Change your sig.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

128 Reviews

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:49 pm
Galatea says...

Of course. Samhain (All Hallows Eve) is the wiccan new year.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:12 am
Ani May Queen says...

Sureal wrote:
The moon landing was a hoax,

Oh, we saw a video about this in science class last year and I have to say..

Most

Hilarious

Thing

EVER!

Really, a bunch of high school freshmen disproved all of their ideas! You do any digging on the guys who came up with them and you find their all fakes or they've got something to gain. Like one of them was an "ex-astronaut". He was actually kicked out of the program after 6 months because he was an idiot. Another "worked on a piece of the rocket" but he was actually something like a secretary for a company who financed the production of said piece or something of the such.

Anyways, I don't know about any of the others, but that one was funny. If you ever get to see the FOX program about it, do. It's hysterical.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:14 am
backgroundbob says...

"In the United States of America, during the 1980s there was an upsurge in the old belief of "Satanic ritual abuse". Hundreds of thousands Americans, including Protestant Christians, feared that the United States was filled with child-sacrificing Satanists. Church sermons, newsletters and soon letters to newspapers and magazines, were filled with claims of tens of thousands of American children being kidnapped and murdered by supposed Satanists. These ideas soon made their way into the mainstream American media, where they initially were reported uncritically. This led to a wave of arrests against hundreds of American citizens, whose neighbors suddenly began accusing them of kidnapping, child abuse or murder. Hundreds of these people were accused of being witches or satanists, and were convicted by a jury. Only in the mid 1990s did the wave of witch hunts subside; since then the reports of tens of thousands of missing children have been proven false by official sources; there was no massive increase in kidnapping, abuse or murder."
Yep, just another example of Stanley Cohen's Folk Devil's and Moral Panics theory at work - once the media gets ahold of and inflates something, it's unbelievable the level to which people will subscribe to the belief, just because they saw it on TV or read it in the newspaper.

Alderley Edge, however, is definitely packed on Halloween night - it's considered one of the foremost places of 'Old Magic' in England, along with Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor and the like.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand