z

Young Writers Society

Battlestar Galactica

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:21 pm
Trident says...

Anybody watch this show? I frakking love it.
Perception is everything.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:21 am
smaur says...

There's another thread somewhere that Nate started up for BSG — and might I add a resounding YES to the frakking love.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:34 am
Nate says...

lol, I've been using the word frak a lot. I don't even mean too; it just comes out.

The season premiere was awesome. The show just keeps getting better and better.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:00 am
LamaLama says...

My father watches that show.
He's 63. Its one of the many he keeps trying to force on me. Naturally, I'm not taking the bait.
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:19 am
Nate says...

LamaLama wrote:Naturally, I'm not taking the bait.

Probably a good idea. It's not healthy being this addicted to a television show....

Can't wait until next Friday :P

52 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:26 am
LamaLama says...

hahaha. Among the others are:

House - he's mean, AND a bad doctor. Its supposed to be funny, but they did it all on Becker ten years ago

Lost. - I refuse, absolutely refuse, to get sucked into lost. They crashed on a deserted island, so what? Its good for a mini series, but eventually, they can't be lost anymore.

Firefly- Ok, I got sucked into that one, but its finite, and decent. We wont be spending money on seasons worth of dvd's in the future.

I think thats it. There may be others, but I'm at a loss right now. Am I the only one who finds the recent uprising of medical drama with a spash of comedy serieses a little fishy? Wasn't ER enough? Didn't we learn our lesson when they tried to replace George Clooney?

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:38 am
Trident says...

I suppose if you're not one for drama, then this isn't a show for you. I personally like sci-fi, but I think this show outdoes anything else. I like the Stargates, but it's almost as if you can't categorize the two together. And I don't really like Star Trek, so I guess I could be disavowed as a sci-fi fan.

Anyway, you can really only enjoy this show now if you've seen the miniseries and first two seasons. It's good, and I mean very good. As a writer, I absolutely appreciate the brilliant writing. I've never seen the old Battlestar Galactica's, but I can't see them coming even close to this series.
Perception is everything.

52 Reviews

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:08 am
LamaLama says...

Or... read the books.

Meet me in Montauk.
— Charlie Kaufman