Young Writers Society

Donkey Numero Dos

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:06 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Jackass Number 2
*** (out of four)

Okay, so its pretty clear that Jackass 2 won't be winning an Oscar any time soon, but if there was an award for funniest movie that would most likely make you puke, this film would win it hands down. There's just something about Johnny Knoxville being fired on a rocket that brings a smile to my face. It completely made up for the failed Jackass series, which, of course, had its moments, but never appealed the audience.

But don't come into the theatre expecting a deep storyline and second to none acting. No, no, Jackass is all about the stunts. From Johnny Knoxville getting hit by a bull, to Bam Margera getting fried with a cow brand (while still finding time to annoy his parents), Jackass 2 is filled with small, 30 second stunts to 10 minute segments (showing mostly the preparation of the stunt). But you've got to hand it to Steve-O. Damn...God bless you, Steve-O, for the wonderful gift of entertainment. He does the things all the others refuse to do, like piercing his cheek with a fishing hook and being thrown into the ocean as shark bait, or attaching a leech to his eyeball.

I still don't know how though, after years of doing Jackass, Wildboyz, and Viva La Bam stunts, the cast never gets extremely hurt. Although they do come close in both movies, its amazing they're still standing after hundreds of antics.

Just like Snakes On A Plane, this movie is entertaining as hell. I mean, come on, if the movie itself won't make you laugh, at least you can take pride in knowing that you're not the one out there drinking horse semen or eating feces for the masses of America.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket