z

Young Writers Society

Dawson College Shooting

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:32 pm
smaur says...

It's been all over the Canadian news last night and today, but in Montreal yesterday, a 25-year-old gunman opened fire in Dawson College, killing 1 woman and wounding 19 other people.

Here's one link; there's a bunch of other ones if you Google around (or, y'know, get Canadian newspapers).

Bleah.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:05 pm
Wiggy says...

I'll definitely pray for them. Thanks for sharing, smaur.

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:51 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Not the first nor the last of these school shootings.

Just goes to show that psychopaths are everywhere.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:52 pm
backgroundbob says...

Aye.

Near where my relatives live, I think.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:18 am
Wiggy says...

That's awful Bob! Did they know anyone that was shot?
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:20 am
Bjorn says...

Ah yes. I believe you can find a pic of this dude (with his automatic) and journal entries on www.vampirefreaks.com. They showed it on CBC. This happened before, they said, some dude started picking off women at a college (again in Montreal, I think) before turning the gun on himself. Apparently the motive was: he didn't like women. Reminds me of a scientist dude my friend told me about. He spent a decade or so studying women and concluded that, "women could not be trusted".

Back to this guy. You don't do this kind of stuff, I mean, c'mon! Apparently this guy did it because he found that society was intolerable and 'apathetic'-kill yourself then, not other people. Personally I'd become a hermit than kill anything! (Save animals, which would recieve appropriate prayers upon slaughter...).

Oi, Bob, I've also got a host of relatives living in Montreal, near this. Though I doubt they'd have known anyone that was shot (except maybe my cousin who is in college... :? )
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood