z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 pm
Firestarter says...

I've got the same username -- Firestarter -- over on NaNo.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 pm
Cassandra says...

Gah! *Pulls out hair* I can't make up my mind whether I want to do it or not. I think it'd be fun, and a really good thing to try, but at the same time I don't want to leave my current work in progress, for fear that I'll never go back to it. Mind you, I haven't written anything in that story for a month. :roll:

Suggestions, anyone?
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:55 pm
Firestarter says...

DO IT!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:57 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Go for it. If you haven't written anything on your WIP in a while, you may need a break. Just have some fun with NaNo and it may end up getting you some great fresh ideas for you WIP by the time you get back to it.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

161 Reviews

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:47 pm
Cassandra says...

I've just signed up. :D

I'm CassandraJ on NaNo, if anyone's remotely interested.

Yay! I'm all excited now. Off to do some research!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:32 pm
Emerson says...

As you know Jack, I'm in it :-) (I woke up this morning and the first thing I did was sign up....)

I'm doing a vampire story that I've had in my head for years. It's pretty original, which is why I really like it. No boring vampire romances! Well, okay, yes, there are some. But the major plot is something I haven't seen before; I'm hoping it'll be good.

I forget what my screen name is (I picked some random, French one) La romantic or something. I always have something different everywhere. Since I'm on two forums (And at the other, everyone knows me as Alice) I didn't want to confuse anyone with names, so I just picked an unused one...

Oh, and yea, I'M EXCITED!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 pm
backgroundbob says...

I'm Robert Rae over there, if anyone's looking :)
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:01 am
Poor Imp says...

I don't know if I'll manage. I tried last year. !_!

(Oy, I recall seeing Smaur, bob and Jack...and didn't know 'twas them.)
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:52 am
Skye says...

I'm CaptainTwig over there, if anyone needs any moral support.

You can do it Imp!! Not many people make it their first year (I know I sure didn't!), but the second time around you know exactly how hard it is and what you need to do to win. I think you should go for it! :)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:23 am
Crysi says...

I'm jademortel over there. Don't ask.

I have my story idea, I've outlined the first two chapters, and I'm hopefully gonna do more this week/end.
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:28 pm
Meshugenah says...

Well, I have a sneaking suspicion I just signed my death warrant, but i signed up. Same SN as here.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:34 pm
Poor Imp says...

Skye wrote:I'm CaptainTwig over there, if anyone needs any moral support.

You can do it Imp!! Not many people make it their first year (I know I sure didn't!), but the second time around you know exactly how hard it is and what you need to do to win. I think you should go for it! :)

Thanks Skye for encouragement. ...You never know - I might try again and manage to finish.

On the off chance that I do...you can fine me with inverted initials as JC Evers
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:04 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I'm over there - simpletonsgrin
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 pm
Cassandra says...

I'm just going to add, like, EVERYONE who's posted their names on NaNo as my writing buddies, kay? So don't be alarmed if it says you're friends with some weird CassandraJ person....;)
-Chuck Palahniuk

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:21 pm
-KayJuran- says...

I'm over there too. Signed up as soon as I could without missing a whole night of sleep. I got pretty annoyed when I kept refreshing and at one in the morning it still hadn't allowed sign-ups... hehe.

If anyone's interested, my name is the same as here. I'm adding you all too. ;)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25