z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm
Firestarter says...

Who's participating in NaNoWriMo 2006 then?

I'll be trying for the first time this year. Probably with this Ancient Greek story I've got in my head. However, unless I hurry up and research more, I'm afraid it'll be impossible to write quickly (historical fiction - always pausing to check little details - will be impossible to complete in time).

What about the rest of you? What story and genre are you doing? Excited? Nervous? Done it before?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:48 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I'm doing it this year.

I wanted to do it last year, but didn't have the time. This year, I made the time.

I'm doing a spinoff of my work-in-progress that involves Black Jenny and Bloody Bess, two pirates that my sister and I put together. It's definately a fantasy/adventure YA.

I'm very excited and I'll be nervous about October 31st.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:52 pm
Skye says...

This'll be my third year. The first year I only made it to 25K, but last year I won, and I hope to repeat that.

I've never planned a single NaNovel yet, and I don't really want to. I'm not in it for "quality" writing, as it were, just to kickstart my creativity and get a whole bunch of crappy ideas out of my system at once. Tis fun. :P
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:59 am
smaur says...

I've done Nanowrimo for the past four years (the first year, I didn't sign up) and I've "won" for two years in a row. And yeah, I'm a bit worried about time, because I'll either have tons of time to write or none at all, depending on how things work out.

For now, I'm writing the Lucifer story I started in August, which means I have to scrap the first chapter (okay by me; it stank) and start all over again. So long as I don't screw myself over for school (which has happened for three successive years!) I should be fine.

Plus, hopefully I can get my [s]puppets[/s] friends to do it (again) and it will be awesome.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:05 am
Wiggy says...

I seriously don't have the time...maybe next year I can try! Cheers to all of you!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:08 am
Crysi says...

I'm gonna try again this year. I only got 25K last year, but that was because my story was really crappy and I was lazy.

I have no idea how I'm gonna get the time to work on it this year, and I have no idea what I'm going to write. Actually, I have several ideas, but I don't know which I'll use yet.

Blah.
Love and Light

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:47 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I was going to do it last year, but forgot, oh yeah and the year before that. Go me.

I really want to do it this year though. Sign up is in October right?

As for story and genre, erm... not entirely sure.

:P
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:49 am
Myth says...

A 'no' from me. Maybe next year which is approaching pretty fast.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:36 am
tinny says...

I'd love to take part this year but I've currently no idea what I'd write about. So unless a new idea pops into my head soon I'll have to give it a miss this year. Either that or I take an old idea and rip it to shreads.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:49 pm
Cassandra says...

I'm going to be a wimp and make tons of excuses:

-I just started high school and have a bushel of homework every night

-I'm working on a novel at the moment, and if I stop this and start a NaNo one, I'll never go back to the other

-I don't really have any good ideas. :(

I really want to do this sometime though...maybe next year?
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:23 am
View Likes
yoha_ahoy says...

I'm doing it again! Last year was my first year. I wrote one craptastic novel, and I won! This year I'm writing it's sequel and hope to achieve the same goal of 50K. I'm already excited!!! :D If anyone wants to add me as their friend on the NaNo site, feel free! My name's yoha_ahoy, same as here. Just tell me you're from YWS! :D Good luck to everyone!
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:03 pm
Meshugenah says...

I think I'm going to go for it. Forget the fact I'm more a poet than anything else, claro.

Now.. to figure out what I want to write about!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:47 am
Sam says...

NaNoWriMo with the prospect of Tae Kwon Do, fencing, and Japanese?

...oh no!

But we do have fall break the first week of November, so if I get half of it done then, it shall be all right.

My story? I was thinking of doing a sort of elongated character bio on Fritz, from Hourglass.

Either that, or I was toying with the idea of writing for a friend. It might be cool to meet with the critic in person, no? :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 am
Elelel says...

What, already? It was the last NaNo so recently though ... feels like only yesterday ...

Yeah, course I'm in. Catch me missing it!

YAY FOR SUICIDAL ATTEMPTS AT WRITING A RIDICULOUS AMMOUNT OF WORDS IN THE SINGL BUSIEST MONTH OF THE YEAR!!!

I might be having exams in November though ... not sure. Oh well. Just have to fit them into my NaNo timetable I guess.

Suppose I'd better start coming up with an idea.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:26 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I just signed up... My name is Gwennan over there for anyone that's curious.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore