z

Young Writers Society

Squills' Anniversary Extravaganza Chat Games!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

To celebrate Squills' birthday, the staff of Squills are holding games in the Cloakroom of the YWS chat! Join us! I heard that SquillsBot might even be there!

All times are shown in your local timezone.

-Wink Murder Sessions-

A.
B.
C.

How to Play:
Spoiler! :
Squills Bot appears to be on a murderous rampage, taking over innocent YWSers and turning them into murderers! Find the robot-posessed murderer before it's too late!

1. Moderator chooses a member to be the murderer.
2. Murderer chooses victims and kills them through chat PM, telling them how they died.
3. Victim announces their death, how they died, and a vague hint of who the murderer is.
4. Other players guess who the murderer is, but they only have three guesses. If they use up all of their three guess, then they are out of that round.
5. The murderer will only be able to kill someone every time a guess is made.
5. The game ends when the murder is caught or when no one is left alive to guess.

-Word War Sessions-

A.
B.
C.

How to Play:
Spoiler! :
A Word War is a period of time during which you write as much as you can on your current project. Generally, a word war lasts ten or fifteen minutes. After the specificied amount of time has elapsed, participants come back to chat and share the word count they added during the Word War. The writer with the most words written is the winner!

Additionally, to add a little Squills twist, we'll be asking participants to write headlines that summarize the action they covered in their stories during the Word War. For example, I might share that I wrote 125 words and my headline was "Dragon hovers over city while main character looks on in fear from a hilltop".

Your headlines and exuberant participation will be included in a future article for the Squills weekly newsletter!

Last, but certainly not least, there will be a wonderful party to end the Squills chat fun on ! Hope to see you there!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:25 am
View Likes
Aley says...

YES! Chat games~ <3

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote