Young Writers Society

Introducing: Personal Review Activity Eater [RAE]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:01 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Review Activity Eater; RAE

Hello, YWS! The little person I want you to meet is your personal little review eater. Here's the default appearance of them:

..but there's a catch. RAE are customizable, meaning not only that you can request edits to make them of certain gender/race, but also that you can ask to have hair added, perhaps some different accessories too, and even make them into a monkey, dragon, piglet or a cat (sorry kangaroos, unicorns and all the other creatures <3 I might add those when I figure how to draw them in the style and if you ask nicely ;)).

So what's RAE about?

I'm not sure if I'm old or out of some loop, but if any of you is familiar with the idea of Tamagotchis or anything of the sort, you already probably suspect the right answer!
RAEs get their own club, in which you can be given your own personalised (to a degree) RAE to watch after.

Your job is to keep your RAE alive, happy and healthy.

They currently have a few stages - fabulous, happy/healthy, sad/healthy, sick, sad/sick, /really/ sick, dead, and "in between" - which I have pics relatively ready for.

RAE feeds on your review activity -

one review of 1000+ characters* a week will keep your RAE happy and healthy. More than that will make them feel fabulous for the week,
review of less than 1000 characters (or, less than 100/150 points) will make RAE healthy, but not happy.
Skipping a week will make them sick,
and skipping two weeks will make them really sick.
Skipping more than two weeks completely will kill your RAE, but don't worry.
If you complete five reviews on which you get at least three likes in the week after your RAE died, they'll be "in between". If you then continue to make two reviews for two weeks, RAE will come back to life and be happy and healthy again, and you can continue taking care of them weekly.

If you wish to participate in the RAE Project, sign up bellow and subscribe to the club (linked above).

*a 1000+ characters review equals approximately 100 points, or 150/175 for works in the Green Room. Quoted sections do not count - however, lines you copy from the author to show changes you'd make or explain a point will be taken into consideration.
Unfortunately, your review count isn't transferable to the next week (only the required one counts, but you can link whichever you wish), but if you for any reason need to leave, nothing bad will happen to your RAE (It also has a stage of hibernation).

So, there it is. The point of all this isn't as much to write up a lot of reviews, as it is to write quality ones (not to say that length automatically equals quality, but it's a start), and I'm pretty sure you'd agree that one review per week can't be considered too much.

As for how it'd work on my side, I will be checking the club each week and posting pics to people's topics, according to their achievements. You post the number of points and characters your reviews had, as well as links to them and all, and your RAE gets updated when I check them out.

What the future brings

If you guys show interest and this goes well, RAE would get their SAE and ResAE equivalents (Storybook and Resources Activity Eater, respectively), and perhaps even options to take care of a RAE as a team rather than individuals. It would work on more or less same principles.

Your RAE is waiting for you~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:04 am
Holysocks says...

*Dies*

He's so cute! This is such a cool idea!!! I'm signing up, bro!!! ( !!!! )
100% autistic

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:09 pm
megsug says...

I love it! *signs up*
Test

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:24 pm
Apricity says...

You've read my mind, Aria.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm
View Likes
Snowery says...

What! No kangaroos!? XD

I'm so signing up for this, I loved tamagotchis!
The World Is Mine.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:42 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

I'm naming my Flip.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

Remind me to join this in August. I'm leaving in a week or two and I wouldn't want to send him into premature hibernation. :(
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 am
Editor says...

I'm joining. :D
ï' ø вøɾε

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 am
Evander says...

May I join? Please?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:22 am
crossroads says...

Sure! Everyone can join at any time (=

Speaking of that, I've changed the settings of the club so it's open to all. The reason for that is that I'll be away-ish until mid-August (and possibly longer) and I don't want to leave people waiting for me to approve their request. I'll be posting RAEs' pics every Monday for the past week, and count this week (July 14 - July 20/21) as week one. This doesn't really mean anything as everyone can join at any time, it's just for my evidention, but I'm letting y'all know anyway.

Those people who posted a review last week will this time exceptionally have their RAE feel ~*fabulous*~ for their efforts, although normally reviews won't transfer to following weeks.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:27 am
Pamplemousse says...

I'm game.
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 pm
ExOmelas says...

I'd like to sign up! :)

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:51 pm
catcha01 says...

I'll sign up.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 am
WallFlower says...

Signing up now :)
“We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.”
—Ernest Hemingway

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:57 am
Nica says...

I'm signed up!! This is a great idea. Kudos to whoever thought of it :)
~Nica
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."
-Galadriel, The Lord of the Rings

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore