z

Young Writers Society

YWS Toy Story

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:41 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

So, I was going through my old stuff and found a bunch of old plushies, and figured they're still as adorable as they were when I first got them, and they still have their stories and remind me of things from my childhood. I still don't want to get rid of them. Ever. :3

We all know we have favourite toys, even if we act adult and responsible and all that, so I figured to make this! Post a pic of your favourite toy or a few, whether it be a plushie or a plastic car or a fancy robot, and share a bit of a story about it if you can!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:29 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Meet Drogon!

image.jpg

Drogon's a wannabe dragon, and being a dinosaur, well that's close enough! I bought him at the Natural History Museum at Washington a month and a bit ago, and he followed me everywhere ^.^ (I have pictures, Some of them were lost, but others are on my computer)

I have some others, but I'd have to find them, and really Drogon's my baby <3 Never too old for plushies - though I wasn't that attached when I was a kid...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

155 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 155
Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:55 pm
View Likes
Arcticus says...

Meet Spidey, an old friend

The flash makes him look scary

Wait wut? He can stand on his own!

Yup, he can take selfies too
You either worship something higher than yourself or end up worshiping yourself

Naturally Tipsy ©

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:16 pm
View Likes
ongoeslife says...

I have a little bowl in the windowsill at my grandma's house that has four stuffed animals that were given to me by different, special people.

There's a snowman with a cute little red hat given to me by a school friend. I named him Cecil, after a dear friend of mine who passed away when I was 12.

I also have a little white bear holding a heart. My youth group used to help out around the yard of an elderly couple in our church at least once a summer. That last time we did that, the lady gave me the bear, which had been her child's, and possibly even her grandchildren's. Her husband passed away last summer, and she developed dementia and has moved to another state.

I went to Canada last summer on a mission trip, and made such great friends there. On our last day, they presented everyone in the group with a bottle of maple syrup (the bottle is shaped like a maple leaf; that's in the windowsill, too) and a stuffed animal. The one I got is a moose with a plaid hat similar to Cecil's, and it says "Canada" on it.

The last one in the bowl is a brown squirrel, given to me by my mom this past Christmas. ('Cause I love them and have had two pet squirrels. >.>)

Because of their sizes and colors, I was able to arrange them SO nicely. The moose is largeish and brown, so the smaller brown squirrel sits on his lap. While the snowman isn't huge, he's big enough to have the white bear sit on his lap. (I'll post a picture later.)

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:00 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I've had a pink Bunny since I was born, named-- wait for it-- bunny. He is a boy, but I always put lipstick on his face and bows in his hair. He went EVERYWHERE. I had a meltdown when I was 8 because I thought I lost him.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm
Lava says...

[Placeholder. :P]

My old nummy ones are still back home. But I will find them pictures.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:03 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Meet Tori! I've had her since I was six or seven. My mom got her for me on Easter and I named her after my then best friend. Good times with this one. :')

Momma loves you <3

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

*As soon as I take a picture I'll post it here*

I had a teddy called Freddy, and although the poor thing was pure white once upon a decade, now he's gone grey with age. I couldn't sleep at night without him, and it wasn't until my evil cousin left him on the porch one night that I finally managed to break the habit. Now he lies around remembering the good ol' days, but I still wuv him very much, even if I sleep with a book beneath my pillow instead of a teddy.

Such a tragic tale. Poow wittle teddy. ;_;
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:01 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

I have two favorite toys. I never really named my toys, though.

1) Ze giant teddy bear. It use to be plump and ready to be loved. Now he is worn thin, tears in his pelt. Cotton would poor out of him if you should play with him, so he remains the role of my pillow. A comfy pillow at that.

2) The teddy bear that looks like an angel. It's still recent, about two years. It was given to me by the only friend that actually remembered my birthday. The bear was an ironic gift. It is like an angel, while I'm a devil. (My friend knew my motto: "My name may be Heaven, but I'm definitely not an angel".)

I'll try to post pictures!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:31 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Enspoilered because I took pictures. :-)
Spoiler! :
Here is Amy Bear, who I apparently took EVERYWHERE with me when I was little.

Spoiler! :
And this one's Pooh Bear, who I was given the day I was born. He lives on my bed. :-)

Spoiler! :
And finally here is Patch, who I received for Christmas when I was Grade Two and he was the number one toy I had for years. Once he got left behind on holiday in Queensland and my parents had to call the hotel to get him sent home. :-) He wears the collar that belonged to my real dog when he was a puppy.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:55 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

From left to right:

Skandar (he's a seal), Karoliina (she's a doll that my godmother made me years ago. She's Finnish, hence the double vowel), and Fred (he's a hot water bottle).

I have more at home, but these were the ones I wanted to take with me to England!
Attachments
Kuva otettu 26.6.2014 klo 20.04.jpg
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

My cuteee bear Tiffany I got at a Singapore mall build-a-bear!! I built my sweetie on my own so I loveeee her. <3
Lol I had a birth certificate and everything! I was eleven and am now seventeen, so she's about six! She's so big now.

ignore my face please hehe
Attachments
Tiff and me.jpg
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Meet Ulf! He was a gift from @Alvarin and here he's sitting in a funny position because he's so soft and I couldn't hold him and take a picture at the same time =P

(The candy on the side is also from Sweden xD)
Attachments
image.jpg
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson