z

Young Writers Society

Do you think CcIsAwesome should continue writting?

Do you think Ccisawesome should continue writting?

Yes
14%
Defiantly
7%
Without a doubt
7%
Absolutely
21%
Duh
21%
Of Course
7%
No
21%

Total votes : 14

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:40 am
CcIsAwesome says...

None of you understand do you?! It wasn't helpful at all! She hated on it because, it was writer the way it needed to be for realistic purposes!And, physical and mental illness have noting to do with writing. LEARNING disabiltys do. And, she was trying to get me to change how my story went, how is that helpful?! It has to be the way it is for it to be REAL! Sure there was no detail so you didn't feel her pain...but, so what?! IT WAS A SUICIDE NOTE! Get that though your heads people. There are reasons it's like that. And, they try to change my story. So yeah, they kinda are trying to write my story.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:40 pm
Holysocks says...

I didn't know it was a suicide note, Cc. Why? Because you took the piece down! That's perfactly fine, except none of us can actually see your work, or Iggy's review! So how can we possibly understand what you're going through?!

I'm sorry that none of us seem to understand you. I'm sorry you got hurt by that review. But I'm asking you to just let it go. Please understand that sometimes people don't mean to write harsh reviews, but it ends up happening anyway. I've done a few. Not on perpose, but I have done a few.

Actually, I did mention a learning disability. Remember I said I am terrible at grammar and spelling? That's a learing disability. At age 8 & 9 I still had to count on the keyboard to find the right number, because I couldn't memarize symbols. I honestly don't know why I got into writing, because I hated books and wtiting.

Now Cc, I'm asking you to let go of the reviews that hurt you. I know it's hard, but we all do it. If you keep carrying this with you... you're going to get sicker. I don't want that to happen. So please, I'm begging you; try to move on.

You may not realize it, but you're hurting us in this, too.
100% autistic

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:17 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I'd say the fairest thing to do if one has problems with a specific reviewer(s), is to hit them up on chat or PMs and discuss it privately. Regardless of the fact many people have good intentions and solid standings when they're weighing in, they're nothing but bystanders, and, to be properly dramatic, it's not their battle to fight.

That said, it shouldn't be a battle at all. YWS is a place where everyone is free to think, write and review as they like, and no one is trying to change that. Reviewers come in with their opinions and hopes to assist the writer. Sometimes they hurt the writer in the process; that's inevitable, unless all one's reviews are advice-less gushing about how good something was, but it's not their intention. People simply have different opinions on things. After all, I bet each person here whatever they want that there is at least one piece of writing, published or not, which they dislike. Their authors want the readers to like those works too, but the simple and painful fact is that one can't make everyone like something. It's simply not possible, and there will always be people with opposing opinions.
Writing isn't a simple job, especially if we're talking writing as a job/life - most reviewers know that, and will give reviews of the kind they'd find helpful on their own works.

Now, if the author of the story dislikes the review, it's their right (right of every YWSer, regardless of rank of any sort or anything else) to tug the said reviewer's sleeve a bit and politely ask them not to review their works again.

It's okay, some people can't handle the harsher (or not sugarcoated) critiques the way other people can, everyone gets that. If you don't want to get reviews from a specific user whose reviews hurt you in the past, send them a PM explaining that you're hurt and asking them to not do it again - they'll either just say "okay, no problem" and not visit your portfolio again, or explain their standings to you a bit better and you two will reach an understanding.

edit - the "you" isn't referring to any of you personally. It stands for each and every writer/reviewer quarrel that arises, this one certainly being neither the first nor last.

On the topic of whether or not Cc should keep writing, which is the topic of this thread and it should stay that way, it's totally up to her!
I've been in a really bad place some months ago, when I basically couldn't write anything (not going into details about it now), and there was a person whose support got me into it again. I still don't trust this person when they say my writing is worth anything, but I keep doing it anyway, because not doing it felt like dying. Cc, you obviously have support from a person of your own - your boyfriend, no other - and that's all you need, not opinions of a bunch of strangers who might stumble upon this thread, most of whom never even read anything you wrote. Does it make you feel terrible to imagine your life without writing? If yes, keep doing it, it's as simple as that. Besides, it's your choice to not listen to anything your reviewers said and completely ignore them, if you think that's the best way to go.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:43 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

*Locked for Moderator Review*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen