z

Young Writers Society

Do you think CcIsAwesome should continue writting?

Do you think Ccisawesome should continue writting?

Yes
14%
Defiantly
7%
Without a doubt
7%
Absolutely
21%
Duh
21%
Of Course
7%
No
21%

Total votes : 14

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 am
Dragon99 says...

My girlfriend @CcIsAwesome really wants to write, but she says she can't. What I'm asking you guys is, do you think she should? If you have any comments for this amazing woman list them below. Thanks for voting!
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 am
elysian says...

It's Young WRITERS Society for goodness sakes!
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:52 am
CcIsAwesome says...

I'm only one here because, people didn't want me to leave.....

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:56 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Can one write defiantly? :P

But seriously, if she wants to write and share it with us, that's great. If she doesn't want to at the moment, that's okay too. :)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:57 am
lostthought says...

Dragon, don't you meant definitely?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:08 am
Iggy says...

I think she should keep writing.

A friend of mine once said that you're not a true writer if you can quit writing. No writer can actually quit writing; to do so would make you anything but a writer. Just a read.

Don't be just a reader. BE A WRITER,
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:15 am
CcIsAwesome says...

Excursus me? I have reasons. I love writing. Hence why I am struggling to not write. But, it's toucher thanks to my learning disbailty! Then all they hate, no, I can't take it. I'm already always so close to killing myself I don't need MORE reasons to! Honestly Iggy learn to think!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:37 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I never said you didn't have reasons. Perhaps you should take a break, clear your head, write some short stories or poems to keep private, make a list of why you like writing, read some books, listen to music, remember why you fell in love with writing and try to reconnect with that feeling.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:48 am
View Likes
CcIsAwesome says...

I tried that. Have been for months and, I'm struggling. You saying I'm not a writer because, I can't take the hate or I'll kill myself, is like say a writer isn't a writer when they get writers block. I'm being smart. A writer is always a writer, even if they quit. Honestly.

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 am
View Likes
carbonCore says...

Quitting because of a review strikes me as counterproductive. Somebody is trying to help you become a better writer -- somebody takes the time out of their day to help you write better -- somebody invests into you now so that they may enjoy your works later -- and in return, you throw your hands in the air, and yell "I quit!".

Honestly, I was there too. The harshest review I'd ever gotten on this site made me remove the work it was reviewing. I couldn't even read the full review at once, I had to come back to it several times, each time getting a little further into it, before finally making it. Now, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that review. Yes, it hurt me. It hurt to realize how much I was doing wrong, and how badly misplaced my efforts were. In my case, I was trying to make the story good by using big words and fancy sentences, not by concentrating on the characters or plot or those kind-of-vital things. In your case, it's probably something else. It took me a while to realize this, and to get over the pain, but after that review I wrote some of my most popular works on this site.

This is a story with a happy end, because after I'd improved, I went back to that same reviewer, and asked him to review other things I wrote. Just as his original review hurt more than any other, his praise felt better than any other. So don't give up because of a review. Realize it's there to help you, and let it help you. You will be so much better off in the end.
_

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:55 am
CcIsAwesome says...

No. A know what a review is. But, foucasing on a key point that is hard?! Or saying they don't like it because, it went the way it was suppose to?! That is shallow! Stories are not about what you want, it's what the writer wants to write. And, it was written relasticily....so no it's not going to have these details that really aren't that necessary in a suside note! Honestly people!!

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:03 am
View Likes
carbonCore says...

Stories are not about what the writer wants to write. Stories are about what the reader reads from them. If you don't want readers' opinions, then don't post your stories where others can read them.

That attitude won't get you far, so go ahead and quit, if that's what you want. Just know that saying "I'm a writer no matter what" without writing makes about as much sense as saying "I'm a surgeon no matter what" without actually performing surgery.

I'm sorry if I don't make you feel good. That's not my role here. I'm trying to get people to improve. If you don't want that, then there's nothing I can do for you.
_

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:06 am
CcIsAwesome says...

A serigion is still a sergion after retaring. And, no. The story is written how the author wants to. What the reader interpets is not alwasy what the autour ment. It is for people to enjoy yes, but the story goes where they want it to go! It's not the readers job to write the story now is it?! No! Hence why it's the READER not WRITER!

9 Reviews

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:08 am
CcIsAwesome says...

I don't need people writing my stories. My stories, I chose where it goes. If you're unhappy, they so what? Still my story, and, I don't need people trying to write it for me. MY story not OUR story!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:59 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Then put a note at the top that reads: This is my story, and I like it. If you don't you can zip your lips and go else where. This piece finally went the way I wanted it to, and it's only up for enjoyment -

I don't want reviews, thank you.

It's really as simple as that. No hard feelings. No questions asked. However, I'd like to point out that YWSers are not trying to write your stories for you, and that's a raw, solid, completely-honestly-true fact. Though I know sometimes it may seem that people are trying to change your story, really, they don't care about what you do with your story, they want to help you.

Now I know you've been talking an awful lot about a review that Iggy gave you, which you found hurtful. It is perfectly normal for a writer to feel hurt from a review. I still do! And here's another fact that will never change, darling: Iggy is one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful persons you'll ever meet. She can only mean best for you. I'm sorry, but it's true. I'm positive she did not mean to offend you, hurt you, or cause you to reconsider your goal as a writer. She was simply trying to help.

You've also been mentioning a disability. The thing is; there are tons of YWSers with mental illnesses, physical illnesses, and many other hard ships. I think more than a half of YWSers are depressed, and the other half have anxiety attacks! I personally have Autism, and you should have seen my grammar and spelling last year! I'm a lot better now, and that's mostly because of YWS and helpful reviewers!

Of course, it's hard to be a writer. It's hard to show what you've given birth to, to the world! It's hard to hear everyone's opinion about what you've created- and that's OK... Why? Because it means that you love it! And that is really all that is important. If you enjoy writing, than of course you should keep writing! If you do not enjoy writing, you should maybe consider a different life goal/hobby/income.

Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?! What ever you write, is yours! You can do what you want with it! I do, however, encourage you to listen to what people are suggesting in reviews. But if you decide writing's not your thing, or that you don't want to share your writing on YWS, that's fine to! After all, it's your life. :-P
100% autistic

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare