z

Young Writers Society

Can someone from the EU explain this please?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:17 am
Galatea says...

...you were told wrong...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:42 pm
-KayJuran- says...

And I swear I've been told on numerous occasions that Tea time in the UK is at 4 pm.

I have a feeling the person who told you meant 'afternoon tea' as in tea (the drink), with maybe biscuits or scones. Not that anyone I know does that very often... unless of course, that's what all the people coming in to my work (a cafe) are doing. ;)

Speaking of Germans... they really do have afternoon tea regularly, at least from my experience.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 pm
LamaLama says...

it wasn't person, singular. Its been mentioned in numerous classes in high school, and there was even some stupid presentation with scones and tea (none of which was good. but there was a snooty english woman there who complained about american tea to us.)
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:17 pm
Galatea says...

...that's...special...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex