z

Young Writers Society

Where do people come from

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:52 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Heh heh. I've just randomly checked out the list of JMs (in which you can see GMs, Admins and some DMs as well), and figured what a versatile bunch we are - not only coming from all over the world, but from all kinds of strange places as well!
It's kind of funny, when you figure there's the usual, stuff like England (@OliveDreams @Rydia @Charlie II ), Norway (@Birkhoff ), USA (@Audy @Snoink @Lauren2010 ) or Finland (@Demeter), but also the slightly differently called/more specific places, like United Queendom (@ArcticMonkey), The Good Ol' U.S. of A. (@Aquestioning) or Hugglesville, Australia (@Silverlock) - don't ask how, but I came across this and now I'm wondering if Silver is a story character.

But also the ones up for discussion, such as Antarctica (@PenguinAttack), The Shire (@magpie), The Mirkwood (@TemporarilyShane), The Living Room (@Deanie) or Cruisin' down sixty-nine in the impala (@SparkToFlame), as well as the just plain unexpected ones:
On your shoulder (and waving; @SubtleSanity), On the top of your pen (and saying hai; @Laure), Maybe here, but probably staring out a window (@fortis), or Inside a word (@BlueAfrica).

Quite interesting, no? A whole bunch of YWSers - definitely not only mods, I just happened to be stalking them - is coming up with wide variety of more or less random places to put as their Locations, and I find that pretty cool. Not only does it make for a start of some potentially awesome conversations, but can also tell about one's hobbies or interests - plus it's quite fun to think about - while actually protecting privacy. =D

So, have you seen any particularly imaginative ones around, or came up with one yourself?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:35 am
IcyFlame says...

I've seen a lot of 'Pigfarts... It's in Mars!' This makes me happy :)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:37 pm
View Likes
Rook says...

So from my location you can tell my hobbies include staring out windows. >.>;
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 pm
Lava says...

Is it bad I had to go check my profile to see what it says?

Active volcano , apparently.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

let me tell you, the throes of the dying have pretty chill weather this time of the year
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:37 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Mine isn't that interesting ("somewhere in America") but the backstory is, sort of. A long time ago I saw a Steve Martin movie called "My Blue Heaven". I don't really remember much about it, beyond that he was in witness protection "somewhere in America" and the FBI agent assigned to protect him (played by the guy who shrunk his kids) has a system for everything...including eating pancakes. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100212/

So when I joined YWS (also pretty long ago), I wanted to put something, so I went with that. I've since changed the somewhere in America I am in, but it still fits.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:27 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I'm from the Land of Hope and Glory, lets see if you can work that one out :-)...
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:29 am
View Likes
Rook says...

I notice aria didn't include her own...
"Nowhere and everywhere, and where ever my mind takes me."
So I guess aria knows what it's like to be all these places because everywhere is included. ^_^
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:52 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

don't ask how, but I came across this

O.O Goodness Aria! Well, you got me, I'm a character by night and a YWSer by day ^.^

Spoiler! :
If anyone is interested in the story, it turns out that Aria was pretty close. When I was tiny toddler my favoutrite t.v. show was Banans in Pyjamas and they used to live in a place called "Cuddlestown" I think you can work out the rest XD
The World Is Mine.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Oh goodness, I first read the title —
"Where do people come from"
—and immediately thought, "Oh dear."

XD
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:03 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Carina wrote:Oh goodness, I first read the title —
"Where do people come from"
—and immediately thought, "Oh dear."

XD

Same here! XP
100% autistic

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:04 pm
Auxiira says...

This makes me want to change my own...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:51 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

My mommy's tummy.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25