z

Young Writers Society

Want to write for Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon May 26, 2014 1:16 am
Hannah says...

Guys, I'm sure you've heard about Squills by now, right? Right!? The weekly YWS newsletter published in its own little forum just a ways past The Lounge?

If you haven't, pop over and check it out. We cover all news YWS, share interesting links you might have missed, spread awesome writing tips and information, and sometimes even have contests (woo, free points!).

If you have heard of Squills, you might have been wondering

how can I join?

And I'm here to answer that for you right now, because...

What we're in the market for now are some flexible, adaptable, brilliant writers who can join the team to cover stand-alone articles.

This type of article especially includes event coverage or special interest pieces.

And, in order to encourage you all to get to work, I've decided to reveal some of the article ideas we've shared in the Secret Squills Clubhouse where we get all our work done while drinking lemonade or hot chocolate.

Remember: In order to join Squills, you'll first need to send a sample article on over so that the current team can read it, discuss it, and give feedback! Also, Squills staff members are asked to submit at least one article a month, though we'd prefer it if you could commit to one per week!

Without further ado, here are this week's usually-top-secret article suggestions:

1. Featured Member Interview w/ retrodisco666
2. Coverage of May Review Day (interview participants)
3. Update on Last Man Standing Contest (interview participants)
4. Coverage of the Weekly Writer and Writer of the Week Staff (interview Messenger, other staff writers)
5. Article on Graduations and Next Year's Plans (interview EVERYONE)
6. Article on Review Schedules/ Goals (do people do a review a day? five a day? what's their goal each month?)
7. Article Covering the YWS Radio Show Casting Call and Results (interview Elinor and all cast actors)

Of course, if you've been planning a column, don't give up your dream! We're still open to any and all sample articles, so please don't hesitate to get your first one written down and sent in.

When you've finished, send your sample to one of the Editors-in-Chief, either @Iggy or @Hannah! And you'll be well on your way to being able to include "staff writer for a newsletter for over 30,000 members" on your resume. How cool would that be?!

So...

what are you waiting for?

Get writing!
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:29 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

We have new article ideas this week, but are still looking for fantastic reporters. If you are interested but have no idea what to write, shout out! We can help you brainstorm~~

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:31 am
lostthought says...

*bumps*
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Well then, @lostthought, why don'y YOU write for Squills? Hmm? :P
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:13 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

I'm trying to get my computer fixed first. It's much harder than you would think to format on a kindle. @Iggy
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Hmmm.... sounds interesting. I would happily write an article, and I think I could do once a month quite easily, but probably not on any of the above things. Would that be O.K? If so I'd happily write an article and PM it to you for scrutinizing and quality control.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:23 pm
WritingWolf says...

I see that you want interviews with the WOTW and TWW staff, but the only name listed is Messenger. So I thought I'd come and point out some of the other active staff members, just in case someone would rather interview one of them.
That would be me, FatCowsSis, lostthought, and JayeCShore. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:06 am
Hannah says...

@TakeThatYouFiend -- Yeah, that's absolutely okay! Those article ideas listed were just for people who weren't quite able to come up with their own ideas for that week, but you're absolutely welcome to build your own! I look forward to receiving your sample article! :D

@WritingWolf -- Thank you! Messenger was listed at that time because he was still workin' as part of Squills, so staff members knew him, but thank you for all the extra information! We still need to get that article done, huh? ;)

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller