z

Young Writers Society

Good Luck on the AP English Lit Exam!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm
Spotswood says...

I know a lot of us are taking the exam tomorrow, so I would like to wish all juniors and seniors who are the best of luck on the test. Afterwards we can perhaps discuss any essays and our feelings on them, but, for the time being, fair winds, lads (and lasses)!
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

29 Reviews

Fri May 09, 2014 2:19 pm
Spotswood says...

Well? How did everyone think they did?
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri May 09, 2014 3:02 pm
Hannah says...

I didn't take the exam, and I didn't even take it when I was in high school. I opted for the grammar version instead. What kind of essays did you have to write?
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Fri May 09, 2014 3:14 pm
GreenTulip says...

We can't really talk about the actual questions but one was over a section of poetry, an excerpt from a longer piece, and a choice of novel to answer the prompt.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

29 Reviews

Fri May 09, 2014 3:20 pm
Spotswood says...

I don't understand why they don't want us to talk about it and that they say our scores will be cancelled. First off, testing is over. Secondly how are they able to know when someone talks about it and who does it hurt?

It's always struck me as quite funny.
-R.U.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Fri May 09, 2014 3:26 pm
Hannah says...

Oh, that's right! I forgot that rule. Haha.
Were you supposed to like... analyze the writing? In what way? Sorry, I'm just curious, but I guess I could go look up past test questions. :P
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

29 Reviews

Fri May 09, 2014 3:28 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

one of the questions had to do with some struggle of a character and sacrificing a part of himself (or something close to that) and I did it about Holden Caulfield's giving up of his idealistic dream to protect the innocence of children so he can move on, accept the innevitability, and transcend into adulthood.

I will say no more since they might have hidden cameras.
-R.U.

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Fri May 09, 2014 3:34 pm
View Likes
GreenTulip says...

For the last one I chose Of Mice and Men because of George's ultimate sacrifice of Lenny to protect him from any harm coming to him, and also because he had to choose to lose a friendship that lasted for so long.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat May 10, 2014 7:52 pm
niteowl says...

Ah, AP season, how I miss thee. Not.

Good luck to all AP test takers...I assume there's more exams next week?

Personally, I valued my sanity and thus avoided AP English and APUSH like the plague. :P I took Calc AB and BC, World History, and Spanish.

I know they reuse multiple choice, and I believe there is a makeup exam offered for those who had tests on the same day or couldn't make it. That's probably why you're not supposed to talk about free response until questions are released.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat May 10, 2014 8:00 pm
Imaginator17 says...

Thanks! :D although i have already taken my AP Lang Exam and am done!

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat May 10, 2014 10:27 pm
veeren says...

goodness that test was lovely xp
i joke. of course the poetry was as confusing as ever, but the short passages made up for it xp
as for the essays they were fair, as my teacher had been preparing us for them all year >.>

hope you all did well :D
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sat May 10, 2014 10:55 pm
Rook says...

I get to take this next year... Hooray. x_x
But I'm taking my first AP exam this Wednesday and I'm not looking forward to it at all. It's European History.
@niteowl APUSH at my school is apparently a joke compared to AP Euro. That's what my Euro teacher says anyway, but I'm just taking normal U.S. History. (RUSH!) mwahaha.
Good luck anyone who has to take any next week. ^_^
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat May 10, 2014 11:02 pm
MooCowPoop says...

Well, I've got only 3 Honors classes. Decided not to take the stress-inducing route of APs (though I kind of regret it now, cuz I feelz like the colleges would like to see people challenge themselves if they can, and I sort of had that chance).

But I'd like to know some more information about the AP English test. @Spotswood You aren't inclined to say so, but did you say you get to choose a prompt for this particular test? And are you just quoting stories and things from memory for it?

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria