Elsa
29%

Total votes : 107

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:07 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

Lucrezia wrote:come on, those eyes are amazing.

Elsa's eyes are amazing ! They're so cute, big and innocent. Come to think of it, so are Anna and Rapunzel's. It's the new animation style.

Cole wrote: isn't even a fixer-upper. It's unsalvageable.

Get out.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:08 pm
Cole says...

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite Disney film <3

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:10 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

I find it funny that Lucrezia voted for Jasmine whilst rocking that Aurora avatar.

#playa
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:17 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:21 pm
Spotswood says...

Cole wrote:The Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite Disney film <3

I really like it. I LOVE how they put in a vast amount of sexual innuendo, which, while it pissed off a bunch of parent watchdog groups, added something special to it. When my parents took my cousin to see it, they were really surprised and even shocked. I forget what year it came out, but depending on if it was sometime after 96' I may have gone too.

I feel like it came out in 94' because B&B came out in 93' (or was it 91'?) and Pocahantas came out in 96'.

Oh, and Lucrezia, did you know that "Snow White" was originally based on a popular rumor that Lucrezia planned to have Cesare's young lover killed, and so she escaped into the countryside to avoid her? At least I think so.
Last edited by Spotswood on Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:22 pm
Ibounce says...

Elsa Anna Rapunzel Aurora Ariel.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Snow white is 91.

I feel bad I didn't vote for her now.

She needs some recognition of her glory days!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:37 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

I really like it. I LOVE how they put in a vast amount of sexual innuendo, which, while it pissed off a bunch of parent watchdog groups, added something special to it. When my parents took my cousin to see it, they were really surprised and even shocked. I forget what year it came out, but depending on if it was sometime after 96' I may have gone too.

The film is so religiously and sensually charged, which is why it stands out to me. The music is also phenomenal. Frollo's song "Hellfire" secured his placement as the greatest Disney villain in my mind. That song still gives me chills!

Oh, and Lucrezia, did you know that "Snow White" was originally based on a popular rumor that Lucrezia planned to have Cesare's young lover killed, and so she escaped into the countryside to avoid her? At least I think so.

This is actually the basis of in Gregory Maguire's Snow White novel Mirror, Mirror.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm
Spotswood says...

Is it wrong that I am obsessed with Elsa in many, many regards? hahaha

Also, new question: what is the darkest disney movie. Better yet, who is the most evil Disney Villain? I am not talking about bumbling, silly, and humourous bad guy. I mean just downright twisted and despicable.

Cole wrote:
This is actually the basis of in Gregory Maguire's Snow White novel Mirror, Mirror.

That may be where I heard it from then. A wikapedia article. Maybe it isn't a legend and just a book :P
-R.U.

Random avatar

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

Also, new question: what is the darkest disney movie. Better yet, who is the most evil Disney Villain? I am not talking about bumbling, silly, and humourous bad guy. I mean just downright twisted and despicable.

I think what makes Frollo so disturbing is that he believes his actions are blessed by God. He is so zealous and distorted that he is convinced he is a righteous man, despite his wickedness. He refuses to see the corruption within him because he believes he is entirely virtuous.

However, Doctor Facilier is pretty frightening, too!

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 pm
Zolen says...

why
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

Random avatar

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

@Lucrezia

Oh, and there should also be a hottest Disney prince thread to even things out. Because, come on, the Disney princes are pretty sexy, too. (Aladdin and Flynn, anyone?)

I am in a happy relationship with a real-life Disney princess (my girlfriend is Rapunzel in the flesh, not even kidding), but I am not ashamed to admit that the first time I saw The Little Mermaid, a small part of me swooned over Eric alongside Ariel. XD

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:07 pm
View Likes
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

In my opinion, Elsa wins hands down. Frozen is currently my favourite Disney movie, because it's so different. Elsa is absolutely stunning, with those big eyes and the way she walks. She's got enviable confidence and amazing poise.

I really like her personality too. Maybe it's because I'm an overprotective older sibling, or because she's headstrong and independent, which I really admire. I don't recall any Disney princess being as awesome in both looks and personality as she was. Sure, Anna's cute and very modern. I perhaps relate to her more in terms of clumsiness and awkwardness, but Elsa is definitely the most beautiful, inside and out.

But this is really because someone finally said, "You can't marry a man you just met." :P
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:10 pm
Spotswood says...

Eh, Dr. Facilier was a humourous pushover in my opinion. He was just a mad voodoo guy with no rationality whatsoever.

I would say Frollo. He is such a deep character, his zealousness and religious hypocricy. He is definitely a true villain, like they actually had in the Middle Ages because many priests were like that.

I think it would have been even better if he were the Archdeacon like in the book because it would have made it even more twisted, him being an implied celibite member of the clergy and all. In the book he had a kind, compassionate side to him, but became intrigued in alchemy and became self righteous and evil and xenophobic. His younger brother, Jehan, was the judge and was an alcoholic, one of Frollo's acts of compassione being to use the funds from his fiefdom (he has on the side) to help pay is debts.

In the 1939 version, Jehan is the judge and Frollo the priest, like in the book, but Jehan is the bad guy. Jehan in the 1939 version is technically the same character as Claude in Disney's, with the name change.

But still, while Disney is original, differing from the text substantially to make it so, it would have made it far more twisted if Frollo were the priest (and maybe the judge at the same time). While he wasn't AS evil in the book, they could have kept the same evil level as in the movie and enhanced it by making him a holy man in the direct service of God.
-R.U.

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang