Elsa
29%

Total votes : 107

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 pm
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:53 pm
Spotswood says...

I liked Brave and the concept, but it is very forgetable. I thought I would like tit more than I did, being historical and all, but it was just meh
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I didn't like Cinderella. She was so passive.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:28 pm
RainbowPowerPonies says...

Okay, Anna and Elsa was a tie but i voted for Anna cause im a younger sis and ive been shhut out before SO ha. Also
Her voice is annoying and she's just not that relatable or interesting.
OMG you sound just like my middle sis, she HATES and i repeat HATES snow white FOR THAT EXACT REASON! Now, personally idk I have three. Ariel IDIOT! Cinderella POSS MUCH? and most of all Aurora! UGH LITTLE MISS 'I WAS CURSED HAVE PITTY ON ME' AS IF! ANYWAYS the point is they SUCK. Also, Fave princesses of all time:
1) Pochohontas
2) Anastasia
3) Anna
4) Belle
4) Jasmine
Jasmine and Belle got the same number cause i like them equal. If you didnt happen to notice cinderella ariel and aroura WERE NOT on here and they're off there for a PERFECTLY GOOD REASON and each of theirs is completely personal to them SPECIFICALLY! none of them are on there for the same reason. Thanks,
In A Land Far Far Away: CrystalPony21
Meanwhile In Another Kingdom: PonyzandPokez
Happily Ever After: RainbowPowerPonies
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1742
Turn your wounds into wisdom. Oprah Winfrey

29 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2014 11:11 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

I don't see how Pocohantas is that hot, honestly. It was a decent movie, but Disney should not dabble in real history. Hunchy was based off of a book and they were able to pull the adaptation off just fine. Same with Hercules, since you can always use Greek mythology as a playground, but there is just something about Pocahantas that bothered me, for instance Ratcliffe's (the first governor of Virginia) being a bad guy, John Smith being a dashing princy dude (he was an almost forty year old alcoholic with a huge beard), as well as the incorporation of the weeping willow tree, which isn't indigenous to Virginia at all, not introduced to it until about 1715 during Gov. Alexander Spotswood's (an ancestor of mine) time as governor. Not to mention the fact that the landscape of Virginia was too magical and cliffy and even somewhat tropical & foreign. Jamestown is located on a freaking swamp with a whole bunch of mosquitos, not some magical pseudo-rainforest. I know that because my vacation house is in Williamsburg, fifteen minutes away.

I feel that it was a decent way to introduce children to Early US history, but it should be explained to them that 90% of the film is completely and utterly historically inaccurate.

That doesn't change the fact though that it is a charming, but extremely flawed, Disney musical.
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun May 04, 2014 3:53 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

There was one historical inaccuracy that really glared. Pocahontas saved John Smith, but he and Pocahontas never fell in love. John Rolfe and Pocahontas fell in love, and Pocahontas died of small pox on a trip to see Rolfe's homeland.

I didn't particularly care for the movie. Sure, Pocahontas was attractive and she had a strong personality, but the songs--eurgh. The only decent one was "Colors of the Wind." I also couldn't overlook the historical inaccuracies.

I chose Elsa because she's deep in a way most other giggly princesses aren't. She's independent and can fend for herself, and unlike Anna, she doesn't need a man. Anna was quite annoying, in the respect that Disney portrayed her as someone who couldn't be anyone without one.
Last edited by GoldFlame on Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun May 04, 2014 3:59 am
birk says...

@GoldFlame

Pocahontas had a raccon in it.

Those are cute!
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun May 04, 2014 2:32 pm
View Likes
Hadj says...

GoldFlame wrote:There was one historical inaccuracy that really glared. Pocahontas saved John Smith, but he and Pocahontas never fell in love. John Rolfe and Pocahontas fell in love. Get your facts right, Disney. And Pocahontas died of small pox on a trip to see Rolfe's homeland.

I didn't particularly care for the movie. Sure, Pocahontas was attractive and she had a strong personality, but the songs--eurgh. The only decent one was "Colors of the Wind." I also couldn't overlook the historical inaccuracies.

I chose Elsa because she's deep in a way most other giggly princesses aren't. She's independent and can fend for herself, and unlike Anna, she doesn't need a man. Anna was quite annoying, in the respect that Disney portrayed her as someone who couldn't be anyone without one.

In Pocahontas 2, she goes home with John Smith, leaves him for John Rolfe, and dies of small pox. (I've never seen it, but from what I've heard..)
Lullabies and storybooks
And poems and other lies
Will make you happy and make you dream
But seldom make you wise

305 Reviews

Reviews: 305
Sun May 04, 2014 2:50 pm
speakerskat says...

Hadj is right
Salt in the air, blood in my veins, no more black clouds, just colorful days...

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 04, 2014 3:01 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

In Pocahontas 2, she goes with John Rolfe to England, where John Smith and John Rolfe somewhat fight each other for her affection. It never shows she dies.

If you think that is bad, I know Hunchback of Notre Dame is definitely wrong. Frollo isn't all that bad. Plus, he didn't kill Quazi' s mom, Quazi didn't talk to gnomes, Phoebus was not consistent, and Esmeralda has a husband :o
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun May 04, 2014 3:38 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

It's a toss up between Snow White and Aurora. Awakened by love's true kiss and falling in immediate love? Pffft.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun May 04, 2014 5:31 pm
GoldFlame says...

Hadj wrote:In Pocahontas 2, she goes home with John Smith, leaves him for John Rolfe, and dies of small pox. (I've never seen it, but from what I've heard..)

Wait, there's a Pocahontas 2? What?
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

29 Reviews

Sun May 04, 2014 9:27 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

GoldFlame wrote:
Wait, there's a Pocahontas 2? What?

Believe it or not, this straight to DVD excuse for a film was actually more historically accurate.

Pocahantas 1 is like the Eregon movie. Number two was the Percy Jackson movie. The latter was extremely untrue to the book, but it was much truer to the book as opposed to Eregon.
-R.U.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun May 04, 2014 10:28 pm
View Likes
Cole says...

lostthought wrote:I know Hunchback of Notre Dame is definitely wrong. Frollo isn't all that bad. Plus, he didn't kill Quazi' s mom, Quazi didn't talk to gnomes, Phoebus was not consistent, and Esmeralda has a husband :o

STAHP! IT'S PERFECT THE WAY IT IS.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun May 04, 2014 11:00 pm
lostthought says...

QUAZI WAS DEAF AS WELL! AND PHOEBUS IS ACTUALLY CHEATING ON HIS BRIDE-TO-BE WITH ESMERALDA. @Cole

I rest my case. Also, Phoebus is a lying cheat.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14