z

Young Writers Society

High School Experiences

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:39 pm
Spotswood says...

Let's face it; high school was and has been an interesting part of all of out lives, to say the least, all filled with drama and chaos. At least it was for me. Freshman and part of sophomore year was full of drama, but I decided to leave it all behind. I stand by the fact that drama is practically unavoidable freshman year, but, once you reach sophomore year, you can choose whether or not to participate.

I have always been one to enjoy it at times, but it led to so much stress after what I went through freshman year that I decided to separate myself from all of the bullish*t I had to suffer through. It was full of fights, backstabbing, love triangles, and cliched stuff that, before I went to high school, I thought was just on the Disney Channel. The only thing it lacked was musical numbers, which I was glad of at first but eventually wished would actually happen. It was high school without the musical.

I later found out that I hated drama, so I decided to stand back and watch on the sidelines, cynically making fun of it but still adding a little bit of kindling here and there for kicks (but not too much).

We all had stressful high school drama that made us anxious back then, but that we now make fun of and laugh at. This is your place to share.

So, basically (meaning it isn't basic), the object of my affections was this quirky girl named Kyra, the last person you'd expect for people to fight over. The war was between Michael, Tarik, Morgan, and myself. Michael was my friend until he started hanging out with Kyra. Kyra was friends with Abbey, a girl who I didn't much care for, but we were still friends (frienemies).

Tarik started dating Kyra, I started hating Tarik and vice versa. They broke up and Michael started dating Kyra, but that was interrupted by Morgan who took her to a hockey game and she cheated on Michael before getting back with him. Michael and I were friends until he went out with her, but he was also friends with Tarik, but not Morgan. Morgan was enemies with George, who was friends with Michael. George was not friends with Eli and Kyle who were on my side. Eli was friends with Morgan, but Kyle was not and bullied him, but Eli supported my claim to "Kyra". Abbey gave me advice, but said I would never win Kyra, but she was on Michael's side. She was dating Thaddeus, who hated Will, but Will and Michael were best friends.

Thaddeus thought that Abbey was cheating on him with Will because he was paranoid, but Will actually liked Alia, another friend of Thaddeus', whom Will used to date before she left him for Matt, who was everyone's friend, except for Will's. He was allied with Thaddeus, who was my strongest ally until he left school for some unknown reason. Tarik left the fight, leaving Morgan, myself, and Michael as the main contenders, but he watched on the sidelines, supporting everyone but me.

Morgan told me to keep it a secret after he cheated with Kyra, but I told Michael to get him to team up with me against Morgan, but they made up after they duked it out. Morgan was bitter, but dropped out of the race before Kyle stole my mom's computer, which led to him being expelled. Austin helped me eliminate Morgan, but he wanted a blow job from Abbey, who also helped me eliminate Morgan, but I told Abbey and Austin started hating me. In the end, Michael and I came to an uneasy peace, but I came close to winning Kyra after they broke up a second time, but she stood me up.

The end
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

29 Reviews

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:28 pm
Spotswood says...

Seriously, nothing?

I thought it would be amusing...
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:54 am
Carina says...

Oh gosh, that sounds really intense like it came out of those angsty dramas teenagers watch nowadays. *guilty* :o

Buuuuut, I think I have something so dreadfully horrifying, so wretchedly evil and grotesque that overtops everything...

HOMEWORK.

/end/
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

29 Reviews

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:07 pm
Spotswood says...

I thought all of that teenage drama 91210 bullcrap was fake and cliched, but apparently it is real...
-R.U.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:59 am
deleted30 says...

[deleted]
Last edited by deleted30 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

29 Reviews

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Spotswood says...

Lucrezia wrote:Guys at my school tend to "fall in love" with me.)

You seem like you'd have that charm, Borgia. Your namesake had the same effect, from what I have heard.

Lucrezia wrote:(using that term as loosely as possible) ridiculously often. I think I'm up to five or six guys now that have actually told me they were "in love" with me (guys that I've pretty much never interacted with, mind you, much the less dated). It's very awkward to have a quasi-stranger come up and tell you that. (Not to mention creepy.)>.<

It really reminds me of how I acted around Kyra. I was pretty creepy, looking back. But she was cool about it. I've always been the She put up with me and was sweet about it. Yeah she stood me up when I thought I scored a date, but I don't think she was really thinking when she agreed to see "Taming of the Shrew" with me in DC. I had bought the tickets two weeks in advanced, but I never even heard back from her until two hours before the show. I had so much anxiety and was hurt. I went with my Dad instead and it was awesome.

Now, whenever I bring it up to her she either goes silent if we are texting or changes the subject if we are conversing. We're pretty decent friends now. She's not my type and I don't think I'd date her, but we technically would still be "compatible."

It's funny. You're conveying the side of the creeped out girl, which is amusing. Girls are annoying though. They always make excuses like "I'll be doing my hair" or "I'll be stargazing that night" (someone [Kyra] seriously said that after asking her to homecoming). I wish they would just be brutally honest. Yeah it would be hurtful, but it would get the point across instead of getting mixed messages like they do. They try to be nice, but they come across as rude in my opinion. If they were honest it would make it less awkward in future conversations since the whole conflict would be resolved.

The most honest girl I ever met was my former frienemy Abbey. On the first day of school she told me that she didn't like me straight up. Ever since I've respected her a lot.
-R.U.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom