z

Young Writers Society

YWS makes Writer's Digest's top 101 Writing Websites List!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:43 pm
View Likes
Spotswood says...

So I was flipping through the latest issue of Writer's Digest (the May/June issue) and I stumbled across YWS as being listed in its anual "Top 101 Writing Websites" list! It was pretty surprising. I thought my search for seeing if it was listed there would be in vain, but sure enough, there it was; right before my eyes!

All thanks to @Nate, we made number ten in the "Literary Websites" category!

Cheers to us all and lets hope to move up the list some by next year
"Often, the best way to improve is swallowing your ego and realizing you're a terrible writer in all aspects of writing, then working to improve it."
-R.U.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:08 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

I'm pretty sure it's happened before, because I'm like 90% sure that's how I found out about it, when I was looking for good writing websites back in 2010 or whenever I joined up.

But considering how apparently faulty my memory is, maybe that's not true either...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:52 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Here it is:

As Spotswood noted, YWS was listed in the Online Writing Communities section. It did make number ten, but that's because the websites are listed in alphabetical order.

The icons next to the site's name mean, respectively, Advice for Writers, Contests, Critiques, Forums, For Young Writers, On Twitter.

Anyhow, I really like the placement of it. It's at the top center of the page, pretty much guaranteeing that people will see it. Plus, that description is great.

The other sites included in the online writing communities section were:
- AbsoluteWrite.com
- CritiqueCircle.com
- Critters.org
- Moontowncafe.com
- mywriterscircle.com
- nanowrimo.org
- reviewfuse.com
- scribophile.com

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

@BlueAfrica - It has :mrgreen:

That's pretty cool! It's such a nice feeling to run into something you know of (and are a part of) in a place like that.. I imagine even more so for the creator :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

My tongue must tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break...
— Katherine, The Taming of the Shrew