Young Writers Society

Which Famous Poet are you most like?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

They need more poets... I still stand with Snoink's observation that I write like Plath/ Dickinson. I forget which it was, but I emulate both a little :p

You Scored as William Shakespeare

You are most like William Shakespeare, considered to be the greatest writer in English. Mystery surrounds his life, but scholars know he had a wife and family, who was not around much because he was in London writing and directing plays at the famous Globe Theater, where he produced plays that everyone of any background could enjoy. His sonnets show his mastery of style. His plays show his insight into human nature, as he has created some of the greatest characters in all of literature. His works are too many to list, but some include "Hamlet," "MacBeth" and "Twelfth Night."

William Shakespeare
88%
Walt Whitman
79%
Ernest Hemingway
67%
James Joyce
58%
Edgar Allen Poe
29%
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:24 am
View Likes
Lucia says...

I really don't see how this is possible, but I guess I'm William Shakespeare. Nice to meet you all. :)

William Shakespeare 88%
Ernest Hemingway 79%
Walt Whitman 54%
James Joyce 29%
Edgar Allen Poe 13%
Noodles, don't noodles...

There is a saying...........
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
~ Oogway

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:53 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

You Scored as William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare
88%
Walt Whitman
67%
James Joyce
58%
Ernest Hemingway
54%
Edgar Allen Poe
29%

If you say so... :P
The World Is Mine.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:30 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

So yeah, I think the selection's pretty weak on this one, seeing as Hemingway and Joyce are more known for prose and Shakespeare, Whitman, and Poe are hardly representative of all poets.

Since I clearly have nothing better to do :roll:, I went looking for better quizzes.

What Poetry form are you?
(I got Terza Rima)

http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_poet_are_you

I got Robert Frost
All life matters. Its flow and nature is significant. Capturing the moment provides immeasurable insight. Speculation=Beauty. You look deeply into others. All is seen as bonded to you.

http://www.youthink.com/quiz.cfm?obj_id=93804 This one is also pretty limited, but has more varied results IMO

You're like Walt Whitman. His work was very controversial in its time, particularly one poem which was described as obscene for its overt sexuality. As a sort of rebel who never cared for what others thought, he chose to write whatever he wanted. Whether it was the rumors of him being a homosexual or even digging up the corpse of Elias Hicks to make a mold of his skull, he was known for it.

And finally, this one from Quizilla (anyone else used to be obsessed with that site?) tells me I am like Wallace Stevens. (Note: Mild sex/drug references)

Okay, I'm done now. For realz. :P
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 am
PenguinAttack says...

Walt Whitman
75%
William Shakespeare
67%
James Joyce
50%
Ernest Hemingway
25%
Edgar Allen Poe
17%

omg niteowl!

Your Result: William Carlos Williams 84%
Spoiler! :
To you, more does not suggest superior. Precise strength is your trademark. You agree that images are painted with words. These images speak louder than photographs. Language provides encapsulated infinity.

71%Sylvia Plath

58%Walt Whitman

57%Emily Dickinson

26%Robert Frost

What Poetry Form Are You?
Spoiler! :
I'm terza rima, and I talk and smile.
Where others lock their rhymes and thoughts away
I let mine out, and chatter all the while.

I'm rarely on my own - a wasted day
Is any day that's spent without a friend,
With nothing much to do or hear or say.

I like to be with people, and depend
On company for being entertained;
Which seems a good solution, in the end.

(If you were not Terza Rima you would be Heroic Couplets.)

Which poet are you?
Spoiler! :
Emily Dickinson

You're like Emily Dickinson. Emily suffered from bouts of depression and melancholy. As a very shy person, she even had trouble leaving her house. The only positive thing from this is that during that time she had written some of her best work. Although most of her poetry tended to deal with themes of death and immortality, it was incredibly meaningful and strong. Her words could cause anyone to see how she was feeling deep inside.

which modern American poet are you?
Spoiler! :
You are Sylvia Plath. People think you are sweet and pretty, but inside you are raging pit of ambition and despair. Darkness is your friend, and you would do well to avoid being alone.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:16 pm
Rook says...

I tied between William Shakespeare and James Joyce
Apparently my poetry type is a Cywydd Llosgyrnog. I have no idea what that is or how to pronounce it.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

Plus, we offer technical support for your convenience.
— nasstands (likely a spambot, but a polite one, eh?)