z

Young Writers Society

What happened to TeenageWriters.com?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:58 am
slindner says...

I come in peace. I'm a former member of TeenageWriters, and I know that they had a love-hate relationship with YWS for a while. I left there a while ago but was looking to reconnect with some of the members, but... the site seems completely dead as of today. As in, maybe two posts in the past year. Does anyone know what happened to them? Was there an exodus? Did the site move? Did it just gradually die?

I hope some of you have had contact with TW members, and if so please let me know what went down.

Thanks.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 am
StellaThomas says...

I'm not entirely sure, but I think something went down with the admins there - like they left, or stopped running the site or something? I'm sure somebody else remembers better!

I was a member briefly, before my identity as a YWSer in disguise was revealed. And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids.

No but for real I'm sure someone around here knows the story better than me. I know we weren't always best friends, but I'm sad to hear TW is gone.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:59 pm
Nate says...

A few years ago, the creator of TeenageWriters sold it to a guy named Lorenzo who owns a company called Dataware. I'm not sure how much it sold for, but I don't think it was much -- less than $1,000.

So he took it over, and I'm not entirely sure what happened next. I think what happened is he wanted to completely change the community into something more like mibba.com, but the old-timers there didn't like that so much (especially since they had been running the show for years). Gradually, I think they all shifted over to youngwritersonline.net. Without them, the site died.

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein