z

Young Writers Society

Writer of the Week

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:53 pm
View Likes
BunnyBot8 says...

Thank you all so much for this wonderful title. Yo all are wonderful and you really made my day!!! I really thought I was a bad writer but you guys thought differently and changed my mind also!!! Thank you a lot!
With luv and fuz-BunnyBot8

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:53 pm
View Likes
BunnyBot8 says...

Thank you all so much for this wonderful title. Yo all are wonderful and you really made my day!!! I really thought I was a bad writer but you guys thought differently and changed my mind also!!! Thank you a lot!
With luv and fuz-BunnyBot8

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:25 am
FatCowsSis says...

Great job Bunny!
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Wow. Over 800 views and fifteen likes. I'm amazed my little pet project has come this far. Thanks to everyone at the Academy for making this happen! And everyone that has 'liked' this thread, as well! <3

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:12 pm
View Likes
lakegirls says...

I really like this thread! It's a great opportunity for amazing writers to be acknowledged and for people to read their work :) For every writer that's won I've made a point of reading one piece of their works and if it wasn't for this thread I probably never would have read it! I'm really happy you did this @Lucrezia :)
Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
-Gloria Steinem

Random avatar

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:46 pm
deleted30 says...

lakegirls wrote:I really like this thread! It's a great opportunity for amazing writers to be acknowledged and for people to read their work :) For every writer that's won I've made a point of reading one piece of their works and if it wasn't for this thread I probably never would have read it! I'm really happy you did this @Lucrezia :)

Thank you! I'm so happy to hear that! <3

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:50 pm
View Likes
RobinSparkles says...

It's That Time Again...

Time to announce Writer of the Week, of course. :D

This week's writer was chosen based off their novel writing skills. Chapters were read by our fine panel of judges, nominees were selected, there ensued a bloodthirsty battle to pick a winner and though there were some great choices, in the end... the winner was clear.

This week's writer is... well, amazing. This writer has started multiple novels throughout their time on YWS, but it was their current novel that really spoke to us (don't worry, I'm getting there).

Please give a round of applause for our amazing Writer of the Week (or WOTW)...

@Isha!

*cheers*

Sooo, I'm sure you all know Isha from around the site, at least. But if you haven't looked at Isha's portfolio... you need to. Urgently. You can find said portfolio here: profile/Isha/portfolio

Furthermore, if you want to read the novel that really intrigued us judges, every part of it is in THIS folder: profile/Isha/portfolio/461672

It's called Coffee, Grit, and my Dad's Best Shoes and trust us, it's worth the read (spoiler alert: it's fantastic).

Please take a second to congratulate Isha for their novel-writing awesomeness. :smt003
Writer of the Week : I'M A JUDGE!

Random avatar

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:01 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

Great job Isha! Congrats!
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:51 pm
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Congrats! Your writing is absolutely amazing. :D
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:55 pm
View Likes
retrodisco666 says...

Congratulations! Very well deserved!
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:00 pm
View Likes
eldEr says...

WHAT IS THIS. The grin on my face. Guys. Guys what.
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:51 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

A BIG Congratulations!!! :D :D
The World Is Mine.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3

Random avatar

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:32 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Hey guys!

If you like Writer of the Week, you should subscribe to the Writer of the Week Fan Club! You can find said club right here: clubs.php?id=1870

There's some fun WOTW-related stuff coming down the pike that you'll find out more about right there. We'll also be announcing Writer of the Week each Monday at that club. So go, shoo, subscribe! You know you want to... :smt003

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe