z

Young Writers Society

Writer of the Week

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:36 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

Congratulations Pompadour!Keep up the great writing! :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 am
View Likes
RobinSparkles says...

Still Looking For Judges!

If you are interested in joining the super-secret club of judges and people that make Writer of the Week happen, all you have to do is PM @Lucrezia! We're currently seeking some new judges and would love to have you. :wink:

"But why should I join?" you're probably asking yourself. "I bet it's not that fun."

Oh, but it is! Here're some testimonials to prove it!

Writer of the Week is one of the greatest things on here, I believe, right up there with featured member [and] the Spotlight. Being a part of it, being a judge, is like the greatest thing in the world. You get to make people's days. You get to make people smile. What's better than that?

-@Vincente, Writer of the Week judge and ex-admin

I love featured member and the Spotlight, but it occurred to me one day that neither of those celebrate writers. Featured members are chosen primarily off their friendliness, their reviewing, and their involvement all around YWS; the Spotlight shows off works that get the most Likes. These are both awesome, but I wanted to do something that would focus on us writers and make us feel special. Writer of the Week does that. And the judges behind it are what has brought it to life... I couldn't have done any of this without their support, feedback and dedication.

-Lucrezia, Writer of the Week creator, club admin and judge

I love Writer of the Week. I've loved it since it first came into creation. When I was approved and welcomed into the private club [for Writer of the Week judges], I literally squealed with joy. It just felt awesome. I can't even explain it, really. All of a sudden, it was like I had the ability to help people and brighten the day of the writers on here. Plus, I got to be in an awesome private club, I got to make some new friends, and I got to have a lot of fun!

-@Cosette4Ever, judge

Before Writer of the Week, I wasn't even sure if YWS was for me. Not because it isn't fun, but because I felt like kind of a small fish in a big sea. But Lucrezia saw something in me. I don't know what it was, but... she knew I'd make a good judge. Now, I'm an admin of the private club and it's kind of my life so much fun, I have a blast every time I log on to YWS. It's given me a great purpose on here and I love doing it, honestly. I want to do even more. I wish there was, like, two people chosen every week so that I could judge more often, haha.

-RobinSparkles (what, I'm not allowed to quote myself?), judge and club admin

And it is fun. Like, loads of fun. So go, PM @Lucrezia already! Trust me, you won't regret it. :smt003
Writer of the Week : I'M A JUDGE!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:58 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Congrats, Pompadour! You are absolutely amazing. :D
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:16 am
View Likes
lostthought says...

And the Writer Of The Week is....

@TheShauzer

Ever heard Shauzer? Well, I haven't until one of our awesome judges brought them up. This week was Shorts Week and this person brought home the cake. It was a no brainer about the winner this week.

This person writes some awesome shorts, view them here! profile/TheShauzer/portfolio

Hey Shauzer, can I have some of that cake?
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 am
View Likes
Messenger says...

Fantastic job @TheShauzer. Way to go!

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 am
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Congratulations! I read your work (being the judge that I am), and I must say, you are extraordinarily talented. *applauds* :smt003

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:36 am
View Likes
GoldFlame says...

Congrats! Your portfolio is gold; I totally saw this coming. :D
“He leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:15 am
View Likes
WillowPaw1 says...

Congrats!! :)
Well.

Hello there.

Want a review? Feel free to request one in my topic:
WillowPaw's Reviews

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:32 am
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

Congratulations Schauzer! Great Job. :)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:21 pm
View Likes
TheShauzer says...

Jesus guys I just logged on. Can't believe I won, thanks a million!
Sometimes life throws lemons at you. Other times it throws rocks... Be grateful for the lemons!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:50 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Hello my lovely friends!! It's that time of the week again!!!What time, you ask? Well, the time has arrived when we take over YWS and mess up everything ANNOUNCE THE WRITER OF THE WEEK!!!!!
*fireworks*
YAY!!!

Sooooo, congratulations to.......
Spoiler! :
Nope...

Spoiler! :
:D

Spoiler! :
Almost

Spoiler! :
@Lucrezia!!!!!!!

Spoiler! :
Did you just jump down to this one??? LOL

YAY!!!!

So, Luc was chosen for her outstanding essay/article during this week's edition :D
Go on over to her portfolio (profile/Lucrezia/portfolio/461419) and check it out!!
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

Congrats Lucrezia! You totally deserve it girly ;D
~Sun Goddess~

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:00 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Congratulations, Lucrezia! :D :smt026
I totally saw this coming, by the way. ;)
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:04 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

I am so honored, honestly. I invented Writer of the Week, and now I am Writer of the Week. *full circle moment* :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler