WOTW 3/9-3/16

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

This week's Writer Of The Week is...

@ComicalCrafty

ComicalCrafty has earned this reward, as you guessed, for being an awesome writer!

Anyone and everyone has a chance of winning this reward. All you have to do is write! The runners-up (and also awesome writers) were....

@lakegirls, @WillowCutz, @rawrafied, @froth

Ok, so I guess you all are wondering what in the world Writer Of The Week (WOTW) is. Let's have a quote from my good friend and founder of WOTW- Lucre, or as you know her, @Lucrezia

Writer of the Week is different from both featured member and the Spotlight. While featured members are active all over the site (most particularly with reviewing and forum stalking browsing), and the Spotlight shows off the works with the most Likes, Writer of the Week’s goal is to give an unbiased look at the talented authors that make YWS what it is. Writer of the Week—or “WOTW” for short—aims to give the more underrated, less appreciated novelists, or screenwriters, or essay authors a bit of glory, and show YWSers why they should review things outside their comfort zones. Because poetry and shorts aren’t the only types of literature YWS has to offer!

Another thing that separates WOTW from the Spotlight is the focus it puts on the writers behind the literary works you love. The people that make YWS what it is, and who have given us countless great pieces to read and review.

The first-ever WOTW was very special, because it gave all of YWS a chance to vote for the person they thought best deserved this special acknowledgement. They could nominate their favorite writers by visiting this forum here , so authors of all different genres, from poets to novelists, got the chance to earn the title. After a few days of voting, the first-ever WOTW was crowned: The amazing @TriSARAHtops!

This was the first and last week, at least for the time being, that the members of YWS got to all vote for who they wanted as WOTW. From now on, writers will be selected by a small but dedicated panel of judges, who work tirelessly to find and acknowledge the amazing authors on this site. Because of this, the next WOTW could literally be anyone—from a well-known poet to an underrated, exceptionally talented novelist. All in the hope of not only making these amazing writers feel honored for their accomplishments, but also that the extra recognition will stir up interest in their portfolios and hopefully get them more reviews! (Because, seriously, who doesn’t love reviews?!)

Writer of the Week will be divided in sections—there will be a category for novelists, short writers, poets, and finally, screenwriters/essay writers and those that have written anything in the “other” genre. This way, everyone—no matter what you write—will get a chance to be recognized for their amazing pieces.

Let's give it up for Lucrezia! Ok, so you have all this information now. What do you do on here? Well, you congratulate the winner! Here is a look at the winner's profile- profile/ComicalCrafty/portfolio
Last edited by lostthought on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

Congratulations!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:20 pm
View Likes
lakegirls says...

Wow! I didn't even know I was up for this haha, I'm honored! Congrats to @ComicalCrafty and thanks for the nomination!
Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
-Gloria Steinem

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:21 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

Thanks for putting up an awesome forum, lostthought! :smt003

Okay, a few quick notes:

People that were nominated and that didn't win this week can (and most likely will, since they're awesome writers) be nominated again. So if you didn't win this week, nominees, you definitely still can. :wink:

If you want to do something nice for the WOTW, congratulating them either here on this thread or their wall (like you'd do with featured member) is very much encouraged. Another way to make them feel special is dig up some old works in their portfolio and review! Because who doesn't love getting reviews?!

Anyway, that's all. And a big congratulations, @ComicalCrafty!! :smt003 :D :smt003

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5

Reviews: 1
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:33 pm
View Likes
Cosette4Ever says...

Congratulations! You deserve it!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:34 pm
View Likes
RobinSparkles says...

Congratulations, @ComicalCrafty :wink:
Writer of the Week : I'M A JUDGE!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Oh. My. Gosh! This absolutely made my day! What ever did I do to deserve this honor??? Thank you so very much!!!! :):):)

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:55 pm
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

Great job ComicalCrafty!!
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 am
View Likes
WillowCutz says...

:D
Sometimes it's nice to just laugh at yourself!
I should know, I do it all the time!

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix